Friday, January 11, 2019

Frugal Friday.....the January 11th Edition


Let's take a look at the frugal wins we had at Chez Sluggy this past week............

*  I got the Weis Freebie last Friday.......


These will get used and we were almost out of croutons too.

*  I found some money!

A dime in the Walmart parking lot.  Sorry for the bad photo. 8-(



2 dimes found in the Weis(PMITA)Markets in town, both at the register but on the customer's side of it.  30¢ for the week!

*  I got some free food(and half price food)....

These jars of pimento were half price according to the shelf tag so I picked up three.  Checked my receipt after the transaction and they rang up regular price.  So I went over to Customer Service, after taking a photo of the shelf tag to show them.........



I got 1 free since they rang up incorrectly and I got back 50% what I paid on the other two so I paid $1.30 total for all 3 jars.
Sweet!


*  The best "deal" at the store this past week........


Turkey breakfast sausage packs were on sale for $4 each.  These two also had $3 off instant meat discount stickers on them plus I had a $1/2 Peelie Q(from buying 2 packs last month and could only use 1 Peelie Q on those)so these cost me .50¢ each.


*  I also found a few more Christmas clearance items at a different Weis this past week.......


2 x Glade double pack of pumpkin scented candles for $2.  I used Qs so paid $1 for each 2-pack.
2 x Ghirardelli peppermint chocolate chunks for $1 each(goes into the baking goods box).
4 x Walker's shortbread cookies-the Holiday shapes were $2 a box.  I had $1 off Qs from the box I bought the week before so paid $1 per box.
1 x Ferrero Roche hazelnut chocolates in a Xmas tree shaped box for $2.  I had a $1/1 IPQ to use so paid $1 for the box.
$9 spent OOP on over $35 worth of reg. retail items.


What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?



Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Those Walkers shortbreads are so good. I can't buy them because I will eat the whole box!

    I almost bought some new black leggings because I couldn't find mine but my sister in law gave me a pair that she didn't want anymore. Good enough for around the house. Found a penny at Giant Eagle. Used a $1.50 Catalina to get a loaf if bread and two cans of veg for 46 cents. Got a free chicken sandwich in my chickfila app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stocked up on smelly good candles marked way down at Ross and TJ max. Marked, marked, marked down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of good deals this week. I would have picked up the pimentos too. Good deal still getting Christmas markdowns. Woo Hoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if
    you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! About the only truly good deals I had other than not shopping much at all was a 47 cent black swan ballerina ornament for Pip and 6 rolls of wrapping paper @ 25 cents each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much frugality (due to lack of deals), BUT I stuck to the list I made and did not deviate from menu plan for the week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.