Monday, April 2, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "You Don't Fool with Mother Nature!" Edition--



This is what we woke up to this morning......4 inches of snow and it's still coming down.
W.T.F.?!?!
It seems Mother Nature pulled an April Fool's joke on us by having it snow on the day after April Fool's Day.
It was 50+F yesterday. 8-0

Chester was mightily confused this morning.  He looked at me and I swear I heard him say, "Where did all my grass go?!" lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

1. Sunday--Reuben Sandwiches(using leftover corned beef)and any leftover carrots/cabbage mix
2. Monday--Salmon and whatever else Hubs decides to cook(He won't tell me.)
3. Tuesday--Maybe more Nachos to use up the taco meat.
4. Wednesday--Ravioli in Parmesan Cream Sauce, some kind of Salad
5. Thursday--No clue yet
6. Friday--No clue yet
7. Saturday--No clue yet

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Reuben Sandwiches(using leftover corned beef)and any leftover carrots/cabbage mix
2. Monday--Salmon, Au Gratin Taters, Stuffed Clams, Sugar Snap Peas
3. Tuesday--Ravioli in Parmesan Cream Sauce, Salad
4. Wednesday--FFY-I had Soup(Hubs and I had lunch out)
5. Thursday--Fend For Yourself(I had a tuna sandwich)
6. Friday--Fried Fish, Cole Slaw, Green Beans, Hush Puppies
7. Saturday--2 Whopper Jrs from BK

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 night of take-out and 0 nights of Eating out.  I finally went to the Dr. for my fall and wasn't feeling like cooking much still last week.  Hubs cooked on Monday night.
Hubs and I finally had our lunch out this week when we went to Target on Wednesday(postponed from last week).

1 trip to Weis(mostly for the free ham), a few items from Shursave Markets and a free trip to Target brought the shopping to $28.24.  But I forgot the $4 Bread Outlet trip the week before and a small shop at Big Lots so with all, the week ended up at $46.49 and brought March's food spending total to $401.62.  

I never made it to the restaurant supply store last week but it's a new month so it will happen in April.  I'll be hitting Weis Markets hard this week(after the snow melts)before the current ad ends.

My savings percentages last week was 73.18%(a free ham at Weis and free groceries at Target will do that for a % percentage! lol) and March's monthly savings total ended up at 72.33%(55.61% w/out R-A).

Leftovers going into this week.......taco filling.  With me not cooking much and us eating most of the leftovers, there isn't much to use up this past week.  We needed the room in the fridge for Easter foodstuffs(and 6 dozen cheap eggs from Target!)plus Hubs and I will be out of town for a few days this week so there isn't much of a food plan this week, at least not one that generates leftovers.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Ham, Deviled Eggs, Mac and Cheese, Rolls, Cauliflower/Broccoli mix
2. Monday--Hot Dogs, Beans, leftover Deviled Eggs
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4. Wednesday--Fend for Yourself/Easter Leftovers
5. Thursday--Eating-Out(Hubs birthday)
6. Friday--Fend for Yourself/Easter Leftovers
7. Saturday--No Clue Yet

This week will see 3 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY and 1-2 nights of Take-out/Eat-Out.
I don't know if Eldest son will cook or take us out for dinner while we are down at his place(other than Thursday night which is Hub's birthday and we are going out for dinner).
I've got hot dogs, beans, meatballs, pasta and sauce here so I'll pick up salad fixings when I go out to Weis today/tomorrow to get this week's deals before we leave town.  The kids will be fine with all the leftover Easter dinner items too.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Same weather here. And its supposed to be 70* with thunderstorms tomorrow! Lol.(hits head off wall)

    Last week's unplanned meal plan went right on schedule. I don't even remember what we ate but I know I didn't cook much. I took advantage of two $5/30 Aldi coupons to buy staples and we bought a bunch of cheap produce in the Strip downtown, so shopping is done. We have a lot of food here to use up so I suppose it will a lot of cobbled together meals. Today there are free chicken sandwiches at Chickfila bc its the Pirates home opener. I'm already sick of ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, more snow?! You all must be tired of it by now. I hope the dr. gave you good news. Great deal on the free ham. We eat chili for most of last week, which I blogged about. I have chicken pot pie on the menu for this week, maybe spaghetti too. Have not decided completely yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you had snow, I just noticed I need to get the lawn mowed and the shrubbery gussied up this week.
    Our only planned meal this week is BLT's tonight while watching the basket ball final. Other than that it is just whatever I remember to thaw.
    Have a wonderful visit with Eldest Son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We DID mow and do yard work yesterday and I was sweating like crazy....weather is so strange!!

    I have a BUNCH of chicken I just got so we will be having quite a few chicken dishes this week with probably some fish and pasta thrown in just to break it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Your title reminds me of the "it's not nice to fool Mother Nature!" commercials.

    Good day for stew yesterday. So we had Easter Stew! I will remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy you guys are sure getting the strung out winter. What crap I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Driving to work today it was snowing like crazy. We had about 3 inches when I got there. It snowed for a while longer. When I left there was barely anything left. It's about 50 and sunny. Crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.