Sunday, June 4, 2017

To-Do List......May Update

Let's take a look at how we did on our To-Do List for May.

* Pay Bills DONE  Everything paid and on time, no interest or fees paid.

* Read 1, 2, 3 Books DONE  With the trip to VA I read 3 whole books this month(plus read a little more in the two books I was reading in April).


The Revenant
Ragtime
The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion

All three were good reads and I'd recommend them all.

Incidentally, "Ragtime" was made into a Broadway Musical back in 1998 and ran for 2 years. The actor who played the role of Father is someone I worked with in Summer Stock back in 1980 and 1981, Mark Jacoby.
Here's the opening number as the cast appeared on an episode of the Rosie O'Donnell Show back in 1998.....





* Go to Dr. Appointment DONE  All my tests are good and my weight is down another 15 lbs. from my last visit with my Primary doc in November.

* Hold Giveaway DONE



* Mail Giveaway DONE  Reader Chris won the goodies and has received them.

* 1st Load to Salvation Army for 2017 FAIL  I've got a load to go but we just didn't get them taken up yet.

* Pack for trip to VA DONE  

* Gather Gifts to take to VA DONE  I took 3 canvas bags plus a cardboard box of toiletries plus detergent to gift to various folks including my brother, my sister in-law's daughter, my eldest son and a childhood friend.

* Contact Folks for meet-up in VA DONE  I wanted to get together with 2 friends who live down near my brother but only got to meet up with one of them and that took some doing to work out and about wore me out. ;-)

* Go on VA trip DONE  I went and have returned home mostly intact. lolz

* Visit Eldest Son DONE  I stopped over for 2 nights and stayed with my eldest son on the journey home.  It was a low key visit but good.

* Come Home DONE  Yep, made it in 5 hours from Fredericksburg VA to home.

Not a very strenuous list last month but got all but 1 item ticked off.

How did you do on your To-Do List in May?

Sluggy




3 comments:

  1. I will have to read The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion because I like Fannie Flagg's books. Congratulations on the 15 pound weight loss, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss. A hair cut was at the top of my to do list. However, between my being ill, car with no ac, and hand out of whack, AND could not get hold of her after surgery, I am just a shaggy mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great month! I am glad you recommended the new Fannie Flagg book. I generally like them and have seen this one but not picked it up yet.
    Super congratulations on the weight loss. That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.