Monday, June 26, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Kids Do the Darndest Things" Edition--


Took Hubs out for Father's Day to one of his brew pub favs.  This was also the first time we could take College Boy and he could drink as well.
Had my glasses off and took a photo and didn't notice until I downloaded the photo from my camera that Daughter had given me the finger.
Do they EVER grow up?!? lolz

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
2. Monday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Potato Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftover Tacos
4. Wednesday--Caesar Salad w/Chicken
5. Thursday--Kielbasa on Rolls
6. Friday--Roast Chicken and Veggies
7. Saturday-Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Enchiladas, Rice, Beans
2. Monday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Potato Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftover Tacos
4. Wednesday--Leftovers(Chicken n' Dumplings?)
5. Thursday--Kielbasa on Rolls, Beans
6. Friday--Steak, Brussels Sprouts, Mashed Potatoes
7. Saturday-Roast Chicken w/Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Onions

Last week saw 7 nights of home cooked dinners....2 nights of Leftovers and 5 nights of new meals.
The Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce moves to this week and the Romaine will get used for a Caesar Salad sans chicken to accompany steak instead.

I made 1 trip to the Weis Markets for $61.84, a trip to the Surplus Outlet for $70.82 and a trip to the Bread Outlet for $11.00, which all totaled came to $143.66 OOP.  This brings my June food spending total to $396.28.  There are 5 days left in the month. 

My savings percentages last week was 52.63% which brings the month's percentage to-date to 60.67%. 

Leftovers going into this week.......Roast Chicken and Veggies.  Not much leftover this week.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Lobster, Grilled Corn on Cob
2. Monday--Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--Subway sandwiches using gift card
4. Wednesday--Steak, Fried Zuke, Corn Casserole
5. Thursday--Lemon Pepper Chicken with Zuke over Rice
6. Friday--Chicken Marsala over Noodles, Mixed Veggies(Daughter cooking)
7. Saturday-Fish and ?(Daughter cooking)

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 0 nights of leftovers and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out.  Daughter is cooking again this Friday.

What I need to buy for this menu? Well we hit Maine Source and Price Chopper yesterday/Sunday to stock up on fresh produce/veggies, steaks and lobster.  I only buy lobster when they hit $5.99 lb. here(which is only a couple times a year during the Summer). I found $4.99 lb. Sirloin strip steaks so bought 3 od those too.  These two trips put another $100 onto my food spending for June.  Yes, the total is quite ugly now. lolz
But then again, I'd rather spend it now and get it for cheap while the deals are to be had and be overstocked rather than have to spend it later and pay more.

The only item I need now for these meals is some rice as we are all out.  I think I need salad greens, a cuke and some feta cheese too for lunches but otherwise I won't be spending anything else on groceries until July.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Love that daughter of yours, chip off the old block I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that some people ever grow up when it comes to photo ops. My husband is 72 and he STILL likes to give someone rabbit ears in a group photo! He's a keeper anyway. Penny S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I am stocked up pretty well, but no rice! We had a huge bag that seemed like it lasted forever. Now, with me not eating white rice (which I love) I don't remember to pick it up.
    We do have a few of the flavored rice packets that DH finds on his "deals".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a plan for last week but we went about as far off track as possible. Some of it was my fault for not having a contingency plan in place. (When I did my last freezer use em up challenge I literally used em up and have not done a big freezer cooking thing since) Some of the derailment came via the universe and Mom. Fingers crossed that this week will be better. I did ask TheHub to give me an idea for just one meal this week that sounded good to him and all I got was crickets. The evil part of me would love to hang outside one night and catch a bunch of crickets to put on his plate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Must be the shirt. Two of my
    Ds have that shirt, and they would so give the finger in a picture too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.