Monday, June 12, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Cheap Eats" Edition--


I wanted to share my small grocery trip to Weis on Fantastic Friday a few days ago.
There were a few deals I wanted to partake of--
Celentano Pasta(including this Eggplant Parm)was 50% off.  There is a $1.50/2 Celentano Pasta Q in the Weis QBooklet.  This meant that the $3.49 Eggplant Parm when bought in twos was $3.49 and with the $1.50Q it went down to $1.99 for 2 or $1 per box.  Of course I had to use the self-checkout and do two transactions to use 2 Qs to get 4 boxes.
They also had London Broil for $2.50 a lb., shredded Weis brand cheese for 1/2 price($1.74 a bag)and Greek Yogurt cups for .50¢(I use this for breakfast or to mix with sour cream to make dip).
Total spend was $12.57 for all, $33.21 regular retail price.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Stir-Fry Veggies, leftover Au Gratin Potatoes
2. Monday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
3. Tuesday--Country Fried Steak, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie TBD
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Pasta w/Meat Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread
6. Friday--Salmon, Mushroom Risotto
7. Saturday-Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Pork Chops, Stir-Fry Veggies, leftover Au Gratin Potatoes
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Country Fried Steak, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
5. Thursday--Salmon, Mushroom Risotto
6. Friday--Homemade Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday-Leftovers

Last week saw 7 nights of home cooked dinners....2 nights of Leftovers and 5 nights of  new meals.
The pasta didn't happen again because pizza happened instead, but various folks had pasta on leftover nights so we used up the old sauce.

I made 2 trips to the Weis Markets for $21.60, a trip to the Shursave Market for $20.95 and 1 trip to the Bread Store for $8, totaling $50.55 OOP.  This brings my June food spending total to $145.63.  There are 19 days left in the month. 

My savings percentages last week was 55.23% which brings the month's percentage to 69.41%. 

Leftovers going into this week.......meatloaf, au gratin potatoes,1 chicken fried steak and gravy, pizza, chicken and dumplings w/carrots.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Marinated Steak, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, Carrots
3. Tuesday--Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Cucumber/Tomato Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftover Chicken and Dumplings
5. Thursday--Fried Shrimp, Cole Slaw, French Fries
6. Friday--Rigatoni and Meat Sauce, Salad
7. Saturday-Daughter is cooking(not sure yet what)

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 0 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 1 night of Leftovers.
It's suppose to be hot and muggy here Mon. and Tues. and warm the rest of the week.

I am having an off week coming up with something for the menu.  I am just not feeling like cooking or eating lately(the first thing is bad, the second one is good lol).

What I need to buy for this menu?  I bought 2 London Broils last week so that is done but I do need to buy salad greens and potatoes.
We found out we were out of propane for the grill on Sunday when I tried to grill steaks(had to do them in the broiler in the kitchen instead)so we'll have to pick up that as well.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. After about three weeks of no deals I wanted, finally this week there were lots of bargains. The best was getting a2milk 2 half gallons for $6 and green grapes for $.99/lb.

    Did you state what the good thing and the bad thing was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to cook down the freezers, can I come to your house and eat? I am tired of this meal thing, like people expect me to cook.....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.