Monday, October 3, 2016

This Week on the Dining Table


It's the "No Energy/Getting Back into My Groove" Edition.......

I have felt so sluggish this past week with no 'umph'.  While the weather has cooled off into the 70's and 60's it has rained or been high humidity all week so I didn't get a lot accomplished other than grocery shopping/cooking/dogsitting/the usual.  Nothing much on my monthly To-Do List got done last week.
But my morning glories are still going gangbusters!

Moving on......
Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Subway sandwiches Take-Out
3. Tuesday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Sauted Squash
4. Wednesday--Meatloaf, Noodles, Fried Green Tomatoes
5. Thursday--Kielbasa, Halushki
6. Friday--Crab Cakes, Fries, Cole Slaw, Broccoli
7. Saturday--Leftovers


And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Subway sandwiches Take-Out
3. Tuesday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Sauted Squash
4. Wednesday--Meatloaf, Noodles, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Kielbasa, Halushki
6. Friday--Chinese Take-Out(The kids went to the fair)
7. Saturday--Rigatoni in Meat/Mushroom Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread

5 meals cooked at home, 1 of them a night of leftovers, 0 nights Eating Out and 2 night of Take-Out(1 I was feeling badly and the other we treated ourselves since the kids were out.)

Some leftovers were eaten for lunches last week.  The Crab cakes which were not cooked/served move to this week and WILL happen this week, finally! lolz

As for the grocery spending.....2 trips to Weis and 1 trip to the Shursave grocery store brought my weekly spending to $101.00 and my September food spending Grand Total to $721.51.
Yes I could have gotten by without any food purchases this last week of September but there were some awesome Deals on things other than meat this past week and I took advantage of those Deals--8 boxes of cereal for .44¢ a box + a free gallon of milk coupon, 18 boxes of facial tissue for .55¢ a box, 16 cans of soup for .52¢ a can, 2 large boxes of pancake mixes for .99¢ box, 5 x 1 lb. blocks of cheese for $2.99 each, 10 x 8 oz. bags of shredded cheese for $1.50 each, 4 x 8 oz. containers of mayo for .50¢ each, 2 boxes of taco shells + 1 can refried beans for .76¢ each, 2 jars of spaghetti sauce for .89¢ each, 8 containers of instant potatoes for .19¢ each, and 3 small tubes of cinnamon rolls for .21¢ each.  The Deals cost me $59.90 but it was tremendous value for that amount($164.83 regular retail)and now I won't need certain products for months to come and won't have to worry about paying full price for them if bought when absolutely needed.  8-)

Leftovers going into this week........beef bourguinon, 1 chicken thigh w/peppers, 1/4 turkey breast, stuffing, rigatoni in sauce, 2 kielbasa, small container halushki, small container of flavored noodles, 2 pieces garlic bread.

Here is this week's "food plan".

1. Sunday--Cheese Steak Sandwiches with Peppers and Onions(requested)
2. Monday--Hamburgers on Rolls, Fried Green Tomatoes, French Fries
3. Tuesday--Leftovers(probably Beef Bourguinon)
4. Wednesday--Chicken & Stuffing Casserole(using leftover stuffing)
5. Thursday--Leftovers(Hubs and are going out/Kids on their own)
6. Friday--Crab Cakes, Cole Slaw, Broccoli
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 4 new meals cooked and 0 nights of Take-Out and 3 nights of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Sub Rolls, Steak-Umms, and Provolone Cheese.(Already bought on Saturday and a great deal.)

I do need to find a deal on B/S chicken breasts soon as I have none left.  Other than that and the few things I need for this menu I don't plan on stocking up on anything this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. You pay more for cheese than we do. A good sale is about $.99/block. But we don't buy it since I'm allergic and Den hates it.
    We are eating down our stash still. But tomatoes and beans are on sale here. I may have to pull the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your morning glories are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some stellar deals (as you usually do) so of course you had to stock up. I will be so glad when this 50 buck a week challenge is over so I can stock up on a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we leave Oct 12 and go home Oct 21. Don't think we will make it to Mountain top, but would love to meet you guys someplace if we can. Philly? Valley Forge? As I am traveling with Joe's family I have less say in my schedule, but I want to see you badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those deals were too good to pass up. I could not have brought home the cinnamon rolls because I have no one to eat them!
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great deals. I miss shopping at Weis (I used to live in Western Maryland). I love the BOGO section at Publix, but I haven't been there recently. We use a lot of frozen food so we can heat and eat. It's just my son and me, so we try to keep life simple. Saturday night, though, Willy Dunne Wooters joined us. I grilled steaks and corn on the cob, heated up some French bread, and topped it off with delicious watermelon. I tried to leave a comment before I wrote this. I don't think it went through, but if it did, please feel free to delete it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit ashaned of my deals becasue re ready meals, and probably not the greatest, but I got large bag of orange checken for $3.98 which will feed the three of us with rice and a veg for $5.50, with at least one portion left over for a lunch-maybe two. As easy as ordering and picking up takeout, so I'll take it once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.