Monday, May 30, 2016

This Week on the Dining Table


It's the "Clearing out and Reorganizing the house/my life" Edition......


We are still in full on cleaning/clearing Mode here.  I am into my second Salvation Army donation gathering and most of the furniture has been moved and/or repurposed and/or gotten rid of.  There is still a large amount of moving to do of things like clothing and a few tubs of toiletries.  I think another giveaway will help clear up space in that regard. lolz
I've started tackling the garage as well.  Not so much clearing it out and throwing things away but just organizing it better.


Moving on......

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Mixed Veg.
2. Monday--Fish, Garlic Mashed Taters, Cauliflower
3. Tuesday--Pecan Chicken, Corn Casserole, Collards
4. Wednesday--Shrimp Alfredo, Salad
5. Thursday--Tacos, Corn on cob
6. Friday--Salmon, Leftover Veg Dishes
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Mixed Veg.
2. Monday--Fish, Cole Slaw, Brussels Sprouts
3. Tuesday--Pecan Chicken, Corn Casserole, Carrots
4. Wednesday--Leftovers(I had Meatloaf slice and Veggies, Hubs had ?)
5. Thursday--Leftovers(Hubs had Spaghetti I had a Hamburger)
6. Friday--Stuffed Shells
7. Saturday--Tacos

7 meals cooked at home(really, we are so over eating out right now after this trip), 5 new dishes cooked and 2 nights of leftovers.  Most of what I planned got made but sometimes on different nights.
A ground beef purchase meant more beef meals and the seafood/fish will happen next week.

As for my grocery spending..... I spent a total of $93.84 on two trips to the store last week.  This put me a bit over for May with my food spending.  I am happy to be close if I can't be under.  ;-)

I have spent $304.32 for May as I noted to my end of month food spending post yesterday.  Onward to June I say!

Leftovers going into this week......

Here is this week's "food plan"--

1. Sunday--Beef Pie(using up leftover ground beef)
2. Monday--Hot dogs, Burgers, Corn, Beans
3. Tuesday--Tempura Zuchinni and Shrimp
4. Wednesday--Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Veg
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Salmon, Squash Casserole
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked and 2 meal of leftovers or "Whatever You Can Find" and 0 meals of Eating Out.
I am sure I'll burn out of cooking so much soon and will succumb to Eating Out again.  Maybe next week when Daughter is slated to arrive.

What I need to buy for this menu.....mushrooms, zuchinni, burger rolls, squash and maybe hamburger(I've used up what I bought last week, but I may have some in the freezer.).
And we are in need of more milk and bread.  Shouldn't be too much food spending this week unless I hit on a special or two.  ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. I have food I over bought for the weekend away, plus a restocked freezer. I blew 1/2 the June grocery budget early gearing up for the long weekend, but think with some planning, I might still be on target. We'll have hamburgers at least twice, but maybe one time in a gravy and with rice an potatoes-maybe Salisbury steak like. I have 5 #'s of chicken to make, so maybe roasted or grilled, plus extra strips for a spinach chicken salad, wraps, quesadillas, or something easy to prepare for the busy week. We are on the two week count down before daughter is done with school and she is loaded with games, concerts, and studying. Easy will be the menu theme-and no eating out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a plan! Wish I actually had one.
    Monday-Thursday here is cleaning out the freezer eating. That is when Son3 and guests arrive. After that who knows? I think this week is somehow going to cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized we haven't had a decent home-cooked meal in ages. I need to process this asap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I caught a glimpse of the turkey in the tiny freezer over the refrigerator, so if I can dislodge that and thaw it, I will have more room in the refrigerator! YAY! Removing things so there will not be an avalanche will be the challenge. First, I need to make room for it to thaw in the refrigerator. Maybe I will use my new pressure canner so I won't have to put the cooked portion back in the freezer. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are $1.77. I may make salmon croquettes when exbf comes up. He absolutely loves them. Vidalia onions are in, so I need to find a sale, wash the dehydrator trays and can about twenty pounds of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beef stroganoff Wedensday sounds good. I might add that to our menu this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have already gotten off our schedule because of forgetting to thaw, but no eating out - YET. Today, Red Beans and Rice with sausage/cucumbers, Tuesday - Pork Chops in mushrooms with lots of gravy/green beans/sliced tomatoes, Wed. - Fajitas/black Beans, Thursday - Grilled Chicken/corn on cob/salad, Friday - snacks because of graduation luncheon. Saturday - Hamburgers/hot dogs/?, Sunday - we will be lucky if we don't eat out because all company will be gone and we will be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an impressive list if you are facing the same hot temps as we are! Lots of big meals!

    We tend to eat fairly light and healthy through the week, then treats on weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ewwwwwwww! Cleaning out/reorganizing, double yuck!!! Well if nothing else your life is about to get real interesting. Talked to Anna yesterday as the car insurance was screwed up and she is now thinking about going to AZ. Oh and sending the summer with us. Wanna run away yet?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.