Monday, April 27, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table


It's the "What's For Dinner" Edition--


Last Friday I pulled the last 2 pieces of salmon out of the freezer for dinner.  I have always wanted to try to replicate the Bourbon Glaze Lone Star puts on their salmon so I did just that.  I cooked it a little too long and it came out too thick(almost soft ball stage)so I ended up scrapping much of it off my fish.  But I still had enough to make my salmon taste very yummy.  Paired with a macaroni salad(which used up bits and pieces of peppers, carrots and celery that was getting past it's prime)and a big pile of sugar snap peas it made for a very filling and tasty meal.
I believe I used the recipe found HERE.
Why pay $17 at Lone Star for something you can easily make for much less?
 
Anyway, onward to the meal planning!
 
Here's what was planned last week.......
 
1.  Hamburgers on rolls, Corn on cob
2.  Leftovers
3.  Meatloaf, Squash & Onions, Macaroni Salad
4.  Ravioli, Salad
5.  Salmon, Macaroni Salad leftovers, Sugar Snap Peas/Corn
6.  Lena's Lemon Chicken w/Zuchinni, rice
7.  Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1.  Hamburgers on rolls, Corn on cob
2.  Leftovers(Hubs had Spaghetti, I had Soup)
3.  Meatloaf, Squash & Onions
4.  Tacos
5.  Lena's Lemon Chicken w/Zuchinni, rice
6.  Salmon, Macaroni Salad leftovers, Sugar Snap Peas/Corn
7.  Leftovers (Hubs had soup, I had a big salad)

Everything went as planned, except no ravioli, tacos instead to use up that ground beef I bought on Sunday.

Last week I made 3 trip to the food stores and spent $91.65 OOP on $181.67 worth of reg. retail groceries. 

I had 0 transactions at Rite-Aid last week....again.

$299.86 spent of my $300 April food budget, leaving us .14¢ for the last 4 days of the month.(Counting that $7 Weis gift card I have $7.14)

Leftovers going into this week are--spaghetti and meatballs, taco meat, macaroni salad, meatloaf, squash and onions, lemon chicken w/zucchini, fajitas filling, rice and sugar snap peas.
TONS of leftovers and it is a good week for them this coming week.
 

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Osso Buoco, mashed Potatoes
2.  Leftovers
3.  Leftovers
4.  Leftovers
5.  Leftovers or Take-Out or Fend for Yourself
6.  Leftovers or Take-Out or Fend for Yourself
7.  Leftovers or Take-Out or Fend for Yourself

The only night I plan to cook a new meal is Sunday.
 
What I need to buy for this menu......nothing actually.  We may need a bit of milk but that's it.  Hubs will not be home a few nights for dinner so I'll just heat up leftover something or other(plenty to choose from!)and Thursday I have my eye surgery so I probably won't feel like cooking(IF I can see to cook lol) and Hubs doesn't "cook" so it will be leftovers, Chinese take-out, sub sandwiches, pizza or whatever we can scrounge around the kitchen.

After I pick up the milk, I'll be closing out the month's spending early.
Friday starts a new month so I'll probably wait until then to pick up a few good deals this week, so it's on May's food budget.

The local ShurSave affiliate store has a Spending $25 on certain item(Grilling Season)get a $10 OYNO Coupon back starting this week.  One of the items is Glad products.  There is also a SavingStar offer of Spend $25, Get $5 Back on Glad and Clorox products.  So I could spend $25 and just buy the Glad products and get $10 Voucher from ShurSave and $5 cash back from Savingstar, making my OOP on this deal $10.
I think I will do this deal but since I've already got $12 from buying Glad trash bags on Rite-Aid rain checks toward the SavingStar component of this double deal I'll just get $13 of my $25 worth of items at ShurSave in Glad items and the other $12 in bags of charcoal(to use in my smoker this Summer).
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. After my cataract surgery, I was woozy, so I went to bed. Be careful with stairs. If hubs can heat his own leftovers, you will be very glad. Exbf took me out to eat afterwards surgery, THEN I went to bed. You will be hungry and sleepy!

    I have chicken breast cooked for meals. NOW, I am going to bed to rest before tutoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would pre plan your meal for Thursday night as you will not feel like cooking.

    I need to do my meal plan for the week, haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.