Tuesday, August 26, 2014

More Load2Card Madness at Rite-Aid

Ok, maybe not madness, but something ain't right with it!

I went up to my favorite drugstore today........go on! Guess the name of it!......and bought this stuff on the BIL's card....


2 x Tresemme 'Poo on sale=$8.00
4 x Mentos on sale=$2.00 **Cinnamon finally!  These go in my candy stash.lol
SubTotal.....$10.00

I tried to use a $2/1 Tresemme Load2Card Q attached to this Wellness card and a paper ManuQ for $2/1 Tresemme from Sunday's inserts.
And my total would be $6 and I would have paid with $6 in +Ups from the $20 I accumulated last week.
Easy Peasy, right?

But the cashier told me my total was $6 before I even gave her the paper ManuQ!
She printed the receipt out and there were 2 x $2/1 Tresemme Load2Card Qs taken off my transaction already!  And I KNOW I only had 1 of these Qs attached to my Wellness card.

2 of the same Load2Card Q?
Yes!


We both shrugged our shoulders, I tucked my ManuQ back into my coupon pouch and gave the cashier $6 in +Up Rewards and my OOP was .00¢.
Nice


Besides my Zero balance you can see 2 x $2 Load2Cards came off on this shot of my receipt.
Very Weird.

I received back $4 in +Up Rewards($1 wyb4 Mentos, $3 wyb2 Tresemme)so I only spent down $2 on my +Up Rewards stash.

Then I went back to the pharmacy and picked up a prescription I had transferred from Walmart earlier that day.
Handed cashier my Wellness card and the Coupon in the sales flyer to give me a $25 +Up Reward with an rx transfer.  Then I swiped my HSA card and paid for the rx and I got this too.....



I see $25(or more)worth of free toiletries/etc. in my immediate future.  8-)
I had to fill this prescription and with Walmart and Rite-Aid being the same price for this rx, why not transfer it and get free stuff, right?

I may go back tomorrow and transfer another rx using the BIL's card and get another $25 +Up Reward.   There is a limit of 1 transfer/$25 per card account.  BIL doesn't get rxs at Rite-Aid so why not use it?

Now I have to figure out how I want to spend this.
I have to come up with lots of different items to purchase in one transaction, using Qs and sale prices and items that generate more +Ups this week.
It's going to take some thinking and scheming on this tonight.

I could do this deal......get another $25 +Up for rx transfer, then on Thursday find a Rite-Aid that carries the portable DVD player that's on sale this week for $49.99, buy that and a Cela cherry so my total is over $50.  Pay with the 2 x $25 +Ups(and cash for any tax on the purchase)and get back $15 in +Ups-a double dip of two promotions on this item....a $5 +Up weekly deal and a $10 +Up monthly deal, both on this product.
This would give me a free DVD player and $15 in free stuff for those 2 rx transfers.  Too bad I don't need a portable dvd player though.

More tomorrow......

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe I need to transfer a prescription to Rite Aid. And, I could encourage exbf to get a RA card. Firt, I have to figure out how to load a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sluggy, you do so well at this. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.