Sunday, July 21, 2013

Talking Sexy Grocery Talk

Well I didn't get by on groceries this week with spending $25 but I did only spend $42.19 total.

I got the few things I needed for this week's menu(milk, ricotta, deli meat, lettuces), but Weis(PMITA)Markets had a $5 off $50 Coupon in the flyer so I figured I'd pick up a few more things we can use soon(and that were on sale this week) and get to the $50 mark(before coupons)so I could get that extra $5 discount.
I ended up buying $81.86 worth of groceries for $42.19 after Qs and discounts used.
That's a 48.50% savings rate. ;-)

Here's what I got....

Weis Ice Cream for #2 Son...$1.49 wflyer /Q
Cheez-its for #2 Son....$.99 w/flyer Q
2 Bagels....$1.18
2 containers of Ricotta Cheese....$5 on sale
1 bag of Salad.....$1.95 w/50% discount sticker
1 loaf garlic bread....$.99 w/50% discount sticker
chicken deli meat.....$5.99 on sale
container of milk....$1.83
2 diet drinks.....$2.00 on sale
8.50 lbs. of chicken breast.....$6.98 * on sale w/$6 in instant Q
large bag of dog kibble......$9.99 on sale & w/$1 IPQ
6 large cans of wet dog food.....$6.00 on sale

Subtotal before all Qs was north of $60.
After all Qs the subtotal was $39.39 and the tax brought it to $40.52.
I also bought a head of green leaf lettuce this week at a different store on sale for $1.67.

* The chicken was a great deal.  Reg. $2.99 lb. split chicken breasts were BOGO free this week.  I walked into the store to find some packages were getting close to the sell by date so they had $3 instant discount stickers on them.  I found 2 packages within .63¢ of price to each other and paid the higher $12.98 price for 8.50lbs. total.  Then 2 x $3 discounts came off at the register making my chicken $6.98 for all.  That's .82¢ lb. for chicken breasts.
The packages got broken down at home and smaller portions packed into the freezer for use later next month.

Basically by buying some things ahead & a couple of treats real cheap, for #2 Son using store Qs in the flyer,  I saved an extra $5 on stuff I would have bought in the next 2 weeks anyway.

I am left with $98.50 in my July food budget for shopping the 22nd through the 31st.
10 days and we have lots of stuff here already so this should be a walk in the park to stay under budget in July.  I'll be making my menu up this weekend for those 10 days using proteins & grains/bread already on hand.  The grocery monies will cover fresh veggies and fruits I find at a good price and in season this coming week.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I love that chicken deal you got! isn't it great when sales and reductions align for a great price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hire you to come do my grocery shopping!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great deal for chicken!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.