Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What Is That I Smell?


Tuesday was all about stinky stuff for me.
There were deals to be had(or so I thought), so I headed out to do some damage to my wallet.
Ok, not toooo much damage since I was after DEALS and I had my trusty coupons in hand.

First stop--Rite-Aid....of course!
My Rite-Aid store doesn't carry any cheap Calgon items, so I went out in search of them at 2 other stores.
I also had BOGO Stride and Trident gum Qs expiring 12/12 to use....



2 x Calgon bath beads BOGO50%($2.99 reg.)=$4.48
2 x Ricola cough drops 2/$3.00=$3.00
1 x Pentel Pencil Gold discount=$3.99
1 x Almay eye pencil 75% off ($7.49)=$1.87
2 x Trident gum on sale $1.00=$2.00
2 x Stride gum on sale $1.00=$2.00
SubTotal.....$17.34

Coupons Used
2 x $1/1 Calgon product IPQ=$2.00
1 x .75¢/1 Ricola cough drops ManuQ=$.75
1 x BOGO Trident IPQ=$1.00
1 x BOGO Stride IPQ=$1.00
Coupon Total.....$4.75

$17.34-$4.75=$12.59 + .05¢tax=$12.64

I used $12+Up Rewards and put the .64¢ on my gift card.
I received back $11+Up Rewards($4 wyb2 Calgon, $4 Pentel, 3 x $1 Ricola). * 2 of the Ricola +Ups printed as "Ricola", 1 printed as "Halls/Ricola", so I think the last one is the weekly Deal +Ups($1 wyb2)so these others must be a hidden or monthly Deal on just Ricola?
At any rate, with $3 in +Ups printing, the Ricola drops are free after +Ups!

I can also submit for a $2 Almay SCRebate for the eye pencil that I "spent" $1.87 on.

So I used $12 in +Ups and I got back $11 +Ups and $2 cash.

I also had some more $2/1 Dana fragrances IPQs to use(mine expire on 12/12)but neither this store of the next store had ANY of the $2.99 size bottles.


Here's the only thing I could scare up at the other Rite-Aid......



2 x Speed Stick Deodorant on sale $2.99=$5.98
1 x Cella cherry w/Gold discount=$.26
SubTotal...$6.24 + $.02 tax=$6.26

I used No coupons....ok, don't faint!lol

I paid with $6 in +Up Rewards and put the .26¢ on my gift card.
I received back $4 in +Up Rewards(2 x $2 Speed Stick).
Not free but .99¢ each after +Ups and it's the kind Hubs likes.

Then I hit the Dollar General Store because I had these....

 A DG $2 off Axe Gift Set Q and a $3.75/1 Axe Gift Set ManuQ to stack.



1 x Axe Gift Set=$10.00
2 x Stride gum on sale .90¢=$1.80
1 x Birthday card(Daughter turns 20 tomorrow)=$1.00 *I sprung for the expensive card! ;-)
SubTotal...$12.80

Coupons Used
1 x Dollar General Q $2/1 Axe Gift Set=$2.00
1 x $3.75/1 Axe Gift Set ManuQ=$3.75
1 x BOGO Stride gum IPQ=$.90
Coupon Total.....$6.65

$12.80-$6.65=$6.15 + .31¢tax=$6.48 OOP

Then I hit KMart.  Have I mentioned that both my sons are crazy for this Axe stuff?
Here is the ad that got me into the store....

Use your Shop Your Way Rewards Card and Spend $20 on Axe products, get a $6 Catalina(technically it's not a Catalina since it prints from the register tape thingy but it spends like a Cat).
I also saw this in the ad....
 Axe Gift Sets that "looked like" they were priced at $10.  So 2 Gift Sets, 2 $3.75 Qs and I'd get a $6 Cat, so $6.50 after Qs and Cat for 2 sets.
Nice, right?

Well if you could read the fine print, the Axe sets were NOT $10.
They were....ready for this?.....$9.99.
Making me 2 CENTS short of getting the $6 Cat.
Making me have to buy another Axe item.
And did I buy the Shower Gel that was on sale for $3.99?
No!
I bought a full priced body spray.
Ugh.
But it's a body spray #2 likes and I can't find.  And it's Christmas so I'll spring the extra buck(diff. between price of shower gel and body spray)and not complain too much .



2 x Axe Gift Sets on sale $9.99=$19.98
1 x Axe body spray=$4.99
SubTotal....$24.97

Coupons Used
2 x $3.75/1 Axe gift set ManuQ=$7.50
1 x $1/1 Axe item ManuQ=$1.00
Coupon Total.....$8.50

$24.97-$8.50=$16.47 + $1.50 tax=$17.97
I used a KMart merchandise return card(I found it laying on the ground a few weeks ago in a parking lot)that had $3.95 credit on it.
$17.97-$3.95=$14.02
I received a $6 Catalina for spending $20 or more on Axe items in 1 transaction.
Goodness!....$1.50 in tax??!  I am getting spoiled at Rite-Aid using +Ups to pay and paying tax only on the little OOP I put on my gift card there.

After Qs, Kmart credit and Cat, I spent $8.02 on these 2 sets and body spray.


All in all, not a bad shopping day.
I got everything pictured above and I'm out of pocket after Qs, Cat, $2 SCR and tax.....$12.50

Lots of stuff to either make you stinky or take away the stinky & More!


Here are the Rite-Aid Numbers.....

These trips--
OOP....$0.00
Value of items....$36.91
+Ups coming into this trip....$54.00
+Ups used....$18.00
+Ups earned.....$15.00
+Ups at the end.....$51.00

*And here are my MONTHLY TOTALS*
 
GRAND TOTALS FOR DECEMBER so far.......

Out Of Pocket....$0.00  cash
Value of items bought.....$331.22
Savings Rate of  100%
Single Check Rebate due....$2.00
Other Rebates due......$0.00
After SCR applied, Out of Pocket.... $0.00
Savings Rate.....100.40 %

+Ups at beginning of month...$47.00+
+Ups used....$126.00+
+Ups received...$130.00+
+Ups currently...$51.00+  

What kind of deals have you gotten this week?
Anything good!?!?

Sluggy



20 comments:

  1. Your deals crack me up. I stand in Rite Aid & think of you! But, I don't do coupons, so I can never come up with anything close to your deals. I just get jealous. ;-)

    My good deal? Um, I'm about to refi my house & save a bunch of money each month? Can I count that? Otherwise, I've got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, my legacy to Hawaii Planner...lol
      Use to not "do" coupons too. Heck I usually don't do coupons, except at Rite-Aid(and once a year at CVS too).

      Refi your house?
      Heck yah that's a GREAT Deal!!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. One thing I know for sure: Everyone in your house smells GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALMOST everyone. The dogs still stink....lol

      Delete
    2. Are you sure it might not be the dog food you serve them? Perhaps you should try another kind...
      (yuk yuk)

      Delete
    3. Might be the food the dogs get but I really think it's more that one likes to roll around on her back in poop. She is such a lady....*snort*

      Delete
  3. Now I know why I can't wrap my brain around all this...its too much darn math;-) How do you keep it all together?
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I am bad at math? My worst subject in school.
      But you put a $ in front of a number and I make it my bitch. 8-))

      I lay awake at night working plans. I know you lay awake at night thinking up quilt combinations. To each their own madness I guess. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I got my will set up today for free. Well, sorta free. We have group legal coverage at work. The plan paid for both closings on the house we bought/sold this year and then our will too (that would cost $700 bucks!). I didn't save money but do feel like more of an adult...

    I believe Sir Patrick Steward uses Axe products too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a Knight he WOULD know his axes....hehehe

      We had that group legal and used it when we bought our 1st house. Good to have when you know you are going to need the services.

      Delete
  5. Okay, what I want to know is how this RiteAid store makes money??? Seems people just constantly pay with the UpRewards and very little out of pocket. See here in Canada that just does not exist. Anywhere!

    I am amazed everytime I read blogs like yours where people have purchased loads of stuff for mere pennies. No one need ever smell bad in the USA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must make their profits off of the 'regular people' who shop there and don't read blogs and clip coupons and work the deals. A woman in line awhile back(before they started doing the electronic +Ups instead of paper ones unless you opt out)actually told me she just threw away her +Up Rewards and her receipts when she got home. You must have felt the earth move when I fainted to the floor!lol

      I'm sorry you can't get deals up North. You could always move here? ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yeah I could move there, but I like my Tim Hortons coffee and my government health insurance :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! I am just going Wow!!!! That's a WHOLE lot of thinking there, but WHAT an amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sass.
      My OCD comes in handy every now and then.lol

      Delete
  7. "Lots of stuff to either make you stinky or take away the stinky & More!"-That made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! You're awesome! Your dollar stores take COUPONS!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla,
      Dollar General is not a dollar store, meaning everything is a dollar. DG and it's similar store Family Dollar are what I call the level of store between a dollar store and a Walmart. They aren't as cheap as a dollar store, but they are a step cheaper than Walmart.

      Delete
  9. And I meant to say that yes, the Dollar General brand stores do take coupons, just like the Dollar Tree "real" dollar stores do. 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.