Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shopping Ollie's for Food....Good Stuff Cheap!

Yes, our regional discounter Ollie's is near and dear to my heart.
I love their motto....."Good stuff cheap!" 8-))

I had earned a 10% off coupon from them and since I seem to be in shopping mode lately, I went to see if there were any deals to stock up on.
Here is what I found.....

5 x Assorted Juices (100%)$1.99 or $1.79 w/discount=$8.95
2 x Parmesan Cheese $2.19 or $1.97 w/discount=$3.94
2 x Vanilla Extract(real) $4.49 or $4.04 w/discount=$8.08
1 x BBQ rub  $1.99 or $1.79 w/discount=$1.79
2 x Mustard or Chicken Bouillon $.99 or $.89 w/discount=$1.78

Stocked on Juice, shaker Cheese and Vanilla.  These extract bottles are HUGE.....

16 oz sized and NOT imitation!
$4.04.
That's cheaper than making my own. 8-)

And here is my real stock up.....5 huge bottles of Olive Oil....


1 x Apple butter $1.79 or $1.61 w/discount=$1.61
2 x Olive Oil(Tunisian-1 liter) $4.99 or $4.49 w/discount=$8.98
2 x Olive Oil(Pompeian Extra Light-48 oz.) $6.99 or $6.29 w/discount=$12.58
1 x Olive Oil(Pompeian Classic-48 oz.) $7.99 or $7.19 w/discount=$7.19

Total Out of Pocket....$54.90
The Total Value if I had purchased all this at retail elsewhere.....$101.93

They also had the 48 oz. bottles of Pompeian blend of Olive Oil and Canola Oil for $5.99, which after discount would have cost me $5.39.
But I don't use Canola Oil.

I may go back Sunday evening and buy some more.  I have a coupon for Ollie's special sale where everything in the store will be 15% off, which means even more of a savings.

Anybody else shop at Ollie's?

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Ok where is Ollies...I must find this store and go shopping!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe your sister outside of Berwick has never taken you to an Ollies!

      Go to the website olliesbargainoutlet dotcom and see where the nearest store is. I don't think they are IN Philly but they are all around Philly and DE and OH and now in NY and VA and SC.

      Delete
  2. A 2 oz. bottle of McCormick's pure vanilla extract costs about $4. I need Ollies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I'm so jealous of that vanilla!!! Gotta get me an Oillies around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe that bottle either...yikes!
      No Ollie's west of OH yet....give em time tho....lol

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You just never know what you're going to find at Ollies Frances.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.