Monday, December 3, 2012

NOVEMBER 2012 Budget Results....Food & Toiletries Spending



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for NOVEMBER 2012.

I have posted November's totals on the right side bar under Total Grocery Savings for 2012 and updated the Yearly Totals.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in November.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Summary.

My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable.We are a family of 5(4 at home this month)& 2 dogs. No kids under 16.
******************

BREAD OUTLET
OOP   $10.89
Value   $25.42
Savings  57.16%

KEYCO(restaurant supply store)
OOP   $37.55
Value   $70.88
Savings   47.02%

PRICE CHOPPER
OOP   $32.39
Qs/Ads  $35.96
Value   $68.35
Savings   52%

RITE-AID
OOP  $1.25
Qs/Ads/+Ups/Gift Card  $491.38
Value  $492.63
Savings   99.74%

SHURSAVE STORES(small local independent affiliated stores)
OOP  $269.64
Qs/Ads  $244.16
Value  $513.80
Savings  47.52%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $26.85
Qs/Ads  $69.90
Value  $96.75
Savings  72.25%

I don't track Rite-Aid's +Ups here, nor CVS's ECBs & Walgreen's RRs. They will be included when used on purchases under "Coupons".   I'll keep track of what rebates are received monthly.  Rebate money/gift cards will be considered 'income' & will go into the Food/Toiletries budget, offsetting the Out of Pocket. Cash will go immediately into the Budget kitty, while Gift Cards will be calculated in when spent.

REBATE CHECKS RECEIVED IN November
Rite-Aid Single Check Rebate.......$10.00

GIFT CARDS and CERTIFICATES...$0.00

TOTAL Value of Cash/Store Checks/Gift Card Rebates Received...$10.00

COUPONS and FREEBIES
1 Giveaway wins--Progresso Lunch Set with 2 free cans of soup, Green Giant apron and bowl set with FREE veggie coupon

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were the Rite-Aid at 99.74%,  Weis at 72.25%, and the Bread Outlet at 57.16%.  l shopped at 6 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket........$378.57
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$889.26
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$1,267.83
TOTAL Savings of...................................70.14%

TOTAL Out of Pocket after Rebates received this Month......$368.57
TOTAL Savings after Rebates of..........................70.92%

This closes out the November spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....

I went into November with $400 budgeted for food/toiletries for the month.  I was able to keep under my food budget with more than $20 leftover.

My grocery savings hovered at just below 71% for November after rebates.  If you take the Rite-Aid purchases out of the equation, my savings percentage falls to around 52%, which is quite good actually.  I'm usually around 33% savings for just the food stores.
I continued to shop the loss leaders and sales and stocked up when things were at rock bottom price in the sales cycles.  I also continued to not use many coupons at all at the food shops but I did take advantage of Catalina Deals and Store Instant Savings Promotions that were offered for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Of course, the small pile of coupons used at the grocery stores does NOT include the vast amounts I utilize at Rite-Aid.  I am indeed the Coupon Diva at Rite-Aid. ;-)

 
LOOKING AHEAD TO DECEMBER......

I will be keeping my food budget at $400 for December. We will be doing a fair amount of eating out in December after my oldest comes home for Christmas, but that money doesn't come out of the Food Budget.  It will come out of the money put aside for Christmas.
There will be some Holiday cooking and extra baking but at this point I have already picked up many of the supplies for that in November.
So $400 should be adequate for our needs in December.

How did you do in November with your Food Budget?
Did you stick to your budget?
Did you find any good rock bottom prices to stock up on groceries?

Please leave a comment or link to your post and let us hear about your progress!  By sharing our struggles and efforts we can help each other stick to our budgets and learn to be better guardians of our resources.

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Good for YOU Woman!! Most of my OOPs are definitely OOPS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent $524 in November (goal was $500), because we were traveling & money spent on groceries while on vacation came out of our vacation fund. So, lose/lose? ;-) We obviously are still working on our grocery budget.

    Since we primarily buy produce, meat, & dairy, I'm working on reducing our food waste, as I'm happy with the quality of food we eat. Additionally, I'm trying to figure out a cheaper source for a few things we eat regularly that are budget busters (bagels, etc).

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.