Monday, May 7, 2012

May Food Spending Week 1, Meal Plan Week 2

 

 

Onward to the meal plans!

And here is the meal plan that actually happened last week.....
SUNDAY--Stuffed Shells
MONDAY--Chicken Fajitas
TUESDAY--Leftover Eggplant/Fajitas
WEDNESDAY--Pizza
THURSDAY--Taco Bell, Salad
FRIDAY--Fish, Rice, Veg.(Son can have leftover Shells)
SATURDAY--Leftovers or Burritos
 
3 nights of new meals and 2 nights of leftovers and take-out for #2 Son the nights Hubs was out of town.
I'm happy we stuck with the plan.

The weekly food spending was $93.79 this past week.  A bit high than what I like to be at but there was a good deal of stocking up on things.
Value of food bought was at $168.25 so my savings rate was 44.26% for the week.
************************

In terms of leftovers, I'm going into this week with no leftovers.
This week, it gets crazy around here as the kids return home from school.

This week's menu.....

SUNDAY--Kielbasa on rolls, Roasted Corn
MONDAY--Chicken Parmesan, Grilled Asparagus
TUESDAY--Bacon Lettuce & Tomato Sandwiches
WEDNESDAY--Not sure, scrounge what is here Night
THURSDAY--Chinese take-out
FRIDAY--Roast Chicken, Carrots, Potatoes, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce
SATURDAY--Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish Rice

This menu gives us 5 new meals and 1 night of leftovers and 1 night of Take-Out.
This week we have a varied number of diners depending on the night.
 
As for items I need to buy for this week.....lettuce, carrots, potatoes, onions.
We'll be buying milk as usual, along with some fruit and ice cream.
The restaurant supply store has some deals I want to get this week, like 40lb. of chicken breast for $1.45 lb($58 total) and 5lb. of cheese for $7.99.   If I can get my freezer straightened out before the week is over, I'll get the chicken.  My freezer is pretty empty(after I get that whole chicken out of there on Wed.)but it needs tidying up before I put that much chicken back in there!lol  I might attempt a defrosting this week.

If I get the chicken I'll spend upwards of $100 this week, if not, then $40.

So what is everyone else eating this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I need to clean out my freezer. The poor thing is on its last leg. Well not leg, lid. I have ice exploding from it when you close the lid. Surprisingly enough everything is still frozen even the insulation that is falling out. If the poor thing can make it until February I will be happy. February is when Jewel has the freezer deal. Whatever the freezer costs they give back to you in free food coupons. I bet you are jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really need to eat out of our pantry/fridge this week. Spent too much money last week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the dream. Reality may be entirely different:

    Sun: Venison Steaks
    Mon: Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
    Tues: Pork Chimichangas
    Wed: Some kind of pasta with some kind of sauce...LOL
    Thurs: Fried Fish
    Fri: Cinnamon Roll Waffles, Eggs, Bacon
    Sat: Taking step-MIL out for early Mother's Day dinner

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.