Saturday, April 3, 2010

March Rite-Aid SCR Spending and Totals

Do you shop at Rite-Aid?
If there is one near you and you don't shop there, you really should!

Why?
Oh, maybe because if you plan things out well, you can get paid to bring products home from that store.

I just went through all my receipts from Rite-Aid.
I spent $4.67 in cash for the March Single Check Rebate Period of February 28th to March 27th.
Actually I "spent" $45.56.

But all except $4.67 of what I spent was put on assorted Gift Cards, so my Out of Pocket was only $4.67.

These Gift Cards were obtained as rewards from assorted prior purchases at Rite-Aid &/or received for transferring a prescription to Rite-Aid.  It was all free money to begin with that I used to get more products for free.
And most of what I bought with these gift cards qualified me for SCRs, or more Single Check Rebates, so I got paid money for buying some of the items...which didn't cost me anything out of pocket to begin with.
You follow me?

So I spent $4.67 during the March SCR Period.
In return, I will receive more Gift Cards amounting to $20.
And I will receive checks amounting to $131.68 in rebates.

$4.67 outgo.
$131.68 income(plus $20 in gift cards).

I made $127.01 in cash for shopping at Rite-Aid last month.

And here is what I was paid $127.01 to bring home last month....

18 John Frieda Shampoo/Stylers
3 Johnson's Baby Shampoo
4 Herbal Essence Shampoo
4 Herbal Essence Styler
2 Cover Girl Eye Shadow
4 Cover Girl Blush
4 Cover Girl Foundation
2 Almay Eye Shadow
2 Maybelline Eye Shadow
2 Sally Hansen Nail Polish
2 Revlon Eye Shadow 1 Nivea Creme Tin
2 NYC Lip Gloss
4 Old Spice Body Spray
4  Old Spice Body Wash
2 Old Spice Deodorant
5 Dayquil/Nyquil
1 Vicks Vaporub
3 Ocean Saline Spray
2 Metamucil
1 Prevacid
2 Veet Cream
2 Band-Aids
3 J&J 1st Aid Tape
7 Benadryl
4 Sudafed
10 Luden's Cough Drops
4 Ricola Cough Drops
1 Cottonelle 12 pk.
4 Kleenex Tissues
3 Puffs Tissue
2 Stayfree Pads
2 Always Liners
1 Oral B Dental Floss
3 Crest Toothpaste
1 Colgate Toothpaste
2 Oral B Tooth Brush
1 Colgate Tooth Brush
2 Listerine PocketPacks
2 Gillette Shaving Gel
2 Visine Drops
1 King size Reeses PB Cups
4 Planters Nut*rition
1 Reese's Egg
4 Trident Gum
9 Bags of Easter Candy
3 Bag of Bliss Candy
1 Bag Stacy's Pita Chips
4 Welch's grape juice
1 Welch's 6pk grape juice
1 Ramen Noodles Pack


For April, I'll take that $20 in Gift Cards I'm getting back and use it to pay for whatever I buy this month.  After the cards are used up I'll use cash out of the $127.01 Rite-aid is sending me from March purchases. I'll use coupons, store coupons, store sales and my wellness program discounts to bring the price of whatever I buy down as low as possible.  I'll also qualify for Single Check Rebates for some of the items, which also refunds some of what I pay(either in cash or on a gift card)at the register, saving me even more $$.
If I plan things correctly and get lucky, I'll be getting rebates back again in April and I won't spend all the $127.01 in free money Rite-Aid gave me in March.
Meaning....I'll get more products for free.
And I'll get more rebates back for April and hopefully some Gift Card(s) too.

So don't just sit there.....get over to Rite-Aid and get a piece of the action too.

I heart Rite-Aid!

Sluggy

3 comments:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.