Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Saga Continues.....BEWARE!

Remember back in late March/early April of this year.....the SoftSoap Body Wash at Walgreen's was giving a FREE ITEM Catalina when you bought a bottle of that Body Wash?
Here's the ad from that week.....

I had bought a bottle of SoftSoap Body Wash the Saturday of that sales ad. Surprise of surprises, my Catalina for a Free Bottle DID NOT PRINT!
So, the Asst. Manager gives me the DREADED FORM to send to the Catalina Company, requesting the Coupon I was gypped out of.
Here's my copy of that form I sent in.....

The form says to, "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery". I mailed it on 4/6/09.
Here's my receipt from the purchase....



Approximately 3 weeks ago....June 29th.....I pulled my documentation out for this particular bit of unfinished business. 6-8 Weeks had passed some time ago and still NO FREE SOFTSOAP BODY WASH COUPON.

So I picked up the telephone and called Retail Client Service. I spoke at length with 'Danny' in Customer Service. He couldn't seem to locate any record of my Coupon being sent out.
He said he couldn't send the original Coupon out as it had expired.
How nice....
He had to find an equivalent Coupon to send me. Something that wasn't expired yet.
After a half hour on the phone, he assured me the Free Body Wash Coupon request was in the system and would be going out to me shortly.

Forward to the end of last week....Friday I believe.
Guess what shows up in my mail that day-July 17th?

It's my FREE SOFTSOAP BODY WASH COUPON!!!
Now look closer at the expiration date.....

I don't know if you can make it out but the expiration date is JULY 25th.
Just over ONE WEEK FROM WHEN I RECEIVED IT!


So I got a chance to get out to Walgreens today to use this coupon before it expires. I have exactly TWO Walgreens in my area. If I want to drive an hour away I can get to more but who wants to drive 2 hours(both ways)to spend a coupon worth $3.99?

Guess what is on sale this week at Walgreens????
Go on! You'll NEVER guess!!

SOFTSOAP BODY WASH!
And because it's on sale, guess what BOTH Walgreens are out of?????????

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE APRIL 4TH TO GET MY FREE BODY WASH THAT WALGREENS OWES ME.
THAT'S OVER 3 MONTHS & 2 WEEKS FOLKS!!!
SO MUCH FOR TIMELY DELIVERY OF GOODS....

I AM SO FRUSTRATED AND TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS. AND NOW I GET TO CALL 'DANNY' AGAIN(OF COURSE I'LL GET SOMEONE ELSE AND WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS ALL TO THEM AND HOPE THEY CAN COMPREHEND IT ALL)AND GET A REPLACEMENT FOR MY REPLACEMENT COUPON.

THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR PLAYING BY THE RULES AND TAKING THE STINKING FORM AND SENDING IT IN.

Now, you know when a Catalina didn't print after this one, I refused to take the form and send it in....it helped that the nimrod gave me the wrong forms for the items I bought that time.lolol

Argh. I could just chew nails here folks.
If I wasn't so close to having a stroke, it would be funny.

Heed my warning, NEVER agree to send the form to the Catalina company!

You have been warned.....

More to follow as this saga unfolds.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.