Friday, July 24, 2009

Mystery Building under Construction near Teeny Tiny Town

When we moved to this area almost 9 years ago, there was an old restaurant we use to frequent. Actually, the building was old, not the restaurant. This building had housed an Italian restaurant originally but sometime before we moved into the area it had closed and someone had opened a Chinese Buffet restaurant in that location.

Over a few years, that Chinese eating establishment had declined in quality and we had stopped dining there. I guess we weren't the only ones who had stopped frequenting this restaurant because it had closed up within a year after we stopped eating there.

Fast forward a few years to last year.
One day as I drove by this intersection, I noticed that the old building had been torn down.
Not only that, but the old bank building next door that sat on the corner of the intersection had also been demolished.
A few months later the lot was cleared and the city had begun forming concrete curbs and cut-outs on the perimeter of the lot.
Then, about 4 months ago, I saw that construction had begun on a mysterious commercial building. Here's a picture I snapped Friday of the building in progress.

Now back 2 months ago, when the only thing standing was the metal framework on this building-to-be, I told hubby that I KNEW what they were building, even though no "Future Site of XXX" signs had been erected.
It was going to be a WALGREENS!
And how did I know this??

Here's another picture I took of the building. Compare it to the photo below it of the completed WAGS building. I dare you to tell me I am wrong!lol

My Under Construction Wags....


A completed Wags.....
That telltale angled cut-off of the front 'corner' of the store design is a Dead Giveaway!!

Now I will have THREE Count' em Three WAGS in my area. This new one is on the southeastern end of Wilkes-Barre PA and the closest to my house. I won't have to venture over the river to the other side of downtown to go to Wags anymore once it opens.
Yippee!!

Sluggy-who is truly thrilled by the smallest things in life

2 comments:

  1. I adore Walgreen's! They are one of my favorite stores. I can walk up and down their aisles all day long. Don't know why, but I do love me some Walgreen's! As a matter of fact, I feel sort of dirty and unfaithful if I have to go to CVS. :)

    You are a lucky girl, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a riot - it sure looks like you're dead-on right. We have no WAGS here in our tiny town, which is too bad...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.