The "WTF?!" Edition.....
Will someone explain to me what the heck this billboard means? "The Multiverse of Gordon".
Now Gordon McKernan is a local ambulance chaser lawyer. He's got billboards everywhere and has tv commercials running non-stop.
I heard this commercial of his was even played during this year's Super Bowl........
I guess this Multiverse thing is related to the comic world?
I know this has nothing to do with meal plans but I feel so old that I don't "get this". ;-)
Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Liver and Onions, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and Strawberry Shortcake
2. Monday--Pecan Chicken, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish Rice
4. Wednesday--Lunch out or Take-out
6. Friday--Catfish, Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, Sweet Potato Wedges
And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Liver and Onions, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
2. Monday--Pecan Chicken, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Zaxby's Zalad for lunch
4. Wednesday--Subway for lunch, no dinner
5. Thursday--Cheeseburger/Hubs had leftovers
6. Friday--Chicken Parm, Broccoli
7. Saturday--Catfish, Cole Slaw, Corn
Chicken Enchiladas didn't happen but I cooked up the chicken and Pork Tenderloin sammies didn't happen either. Moving these items forward to this week.
What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 box Tyson Chicken sandwiches
* 2 bags of frozen Veggies
* 2 boxes of frozen Veggies
* Almost 3 lbs. of Ground Beef
* 2 tubs of Ice Cream
What got taken out of the freezer and used...
* 1 package of Liver
* 1 bag of Broccoli
* 2 packages of Chicken Breast
* 1 bag of Green Beans
* a bag of Catfish
* a Chicken Parm
* a bag of Broccoli
Last week Hubs picked up 2 items at Kroger, some items at Shopper's Value and we both hit Walmart on Wednesday and spent a total of $164.48.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $244.44 for March so far.
There are 18 shopping days left in March.
I've earned $47.69 on Ibotta in March.
I've earned $1.96 on Checkout51 in March.
I've earned $23.50 on Coupons dotcom in March.
I've earned 28,568 points from shopping on Fetch in March.
I earned 680 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in March.
I've earned 517 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in March.
That's $73.15 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $244.44 in grocery spending so in reality it's $171.29 in food spending after the 3 rebate apps I count.
My savings percentage for the last week was 32.23% and the monthly savings total for March comes in at 33.23% so far.
Leftovers going into this week.....1 piece of pecan chicken, broccoli, half a piece of catfish, cole slaw.
Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheese Ravioli, Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Enchiladas
3. Tuesday--Shrimp Alfredo, Creamed Spinach
4. Wednesday--Lunch out after dr. appt.
5. Thursday--Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry w/Veggies, Rice
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, Sweet Potato Wedges
7. Saturday--Chicken Tenders, Veggies TBD
What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu? Nothing. I've got everything I need. Just trying to use up some lingerers in the freezer.
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?
Any deals on food at your stores this week?
You are right this was boring very boring... call meReplyDelete
I was moved to dance the "litigation boogie" while watching the video.ReplyDelete
Last week, I felt so awful that I kept putting off cooking chicken and vegetables. I kept encouraging Tommy to find more cooked food that was ready to eat in the refrigerator. He did and we ate every bite! He finally ate the last bit of ham and thigh. This week I need to buy potatoes and carrots and cabbage. I have the corned beef.ReplyDelete
None of the ads have anything exciting, nothing really good.
I have always done Fetch, Swaybucks and Ebates, but how do you get so many points? Is it because you actually shop the products they list for the week?ReplyDelete
Hi Debbie, if I can combine Ibotta/Fetch/Coupons dotcom and get a cheap or freebie and it's something I can use, yes I do them.Delete
You are doing so well with all your rebate and money earning programs. I am having one heck of a time getting ahold of Swagbucks since my old email was shut down by the provider and Swagbucks is not allowing me to change my email address without sending a confirmation email to the old (and now defunct) one.ReplyDelete
I am a lawyer and I don’t get it either. Also, his ad/commercial is just embarrassing. WTH. Cindy in the SouthReplyDelete
Pecan chicken sounds delicious.ReplyDelete