Monday, November 25, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Why Did I Even Suggest It?" Edition................


Last Thursday was my appointment down in Hershey at the HS clinic.  I suggested to Hubs that we stop at Tröegs Brewery so he could get a beer/fill his growler and then stop somewhere else for lunch before heading home.  I had perused the food menu beforehand and wasn't thrilled with the food choices/prices(very hipster foods and so, so pricey! because these craft breweries cater to Millennials and well......).
Once we got there Hubs' decided he didn't want to stop somewhere else for food(and he was driving)so I was stuck. I ended up with a brisket sandwich with a spicy ass mustard sauce slaw served with a side of spicier ass beans.
And the beer I ordered?  I didn't think to look at the price and I should know better because 1 beer cost almost as much as that "meh" sandwich!
I should have had a beer and a pretzel(to soak up the alcohol)and called it lunch. lolz

Moving On....
Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Leftover Beef Pie
2. Monday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
3. Tuesday--Hot Dog on Roll w/Chili, Beans, Squash and Onions
4. Wednesday--Something Chicken, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Assorted Leftovers
6. Friday--Beef Stew
7. Saturday--Chinese Take-Out

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Leftover Beef Pie
2. Monday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
3. Tuesday--Hot Dog on Roll w/Chili, Beans, Squash and Onions
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Chinese Take-Out
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, leftover Squash and Onions
7. Saturday--Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Last week saw 4 nights of home cooked dinners, 1  nights of leftovers/ffy, and 1 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out(got home too late to cook Thursday and frankly I felt like crap too).

What got put into the freezer last week.....
*  1 ginormous Stouffer's lasagna

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
*  1 bag of meatballs
*  8 hot dogs
* 1 bag homemade hot dog chili
* 1 package chicken thighs

Two small trips to Weis, and teabags from Ollie's brought the current weekly spending to $10.78 and my November spending on food to $312.84 for this month.

My savings percentage last week was 90.09%(without Rite-Aid trips)and November's monthly savings total comes in at 51.20%(w/out R-A).

I have 5 more food shopping/spending days in November.

Leftovers going into this week......Beef Pie, Beef stir-fry, Rice.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Lasagna, Roasted Cauliflower
2. Monday--Halushki
3. Tuesday--Flounder, Veggie TBD, Sweet Potato Fries
4. Wednesday--Leftover Smörgåsbord 
5. Thursday--Turkey Day Dinner
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--?

As always this menu is subject to change or rearranging depending on what leftovers get eaten or not and what I am feeling like cooking(or not). lolz

What needs buying for this menu? Nothing that I can think of.  We will probably need milk again.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

1 comment:

  1. Mon--Pulled pork and vegetables
    Tue--chicken legs but not for me, green beans
    Wed--chicken legs and different veggies
    Thu--Thanksgiving dinner

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.