Saturday, July 7, 2018

Presidential Genealogy Update

Back in April, in This Blog Post, after Barbara Bush died, I figured out that husband George Herbert Walker Bush was my 10th cousin.  This relation is through his paternal grandmother's line, Harriett Eleanor Fay on back to my Stith family line.

But I have now found a closer tie.  We are related through George's mother's side as well back to my Soblet/Sublett family line.

We share 8th Great Grandparents in Abraham Soblet and Susanne Briant.  George's 7th GGrands are Pierre Chastain and Anne Soblet(who is my 8th Great Aunt and the sister of my 7th Great Grandfather).  This makes George and me 9th cousins.

And that makes me double cousins with George and Laura's twins, Barbara Pierce Bush and Jenna Welch Bush Hager, my 8th cousins through their mom Laura Welch Bush.




Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. How very interesting. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your posts about this are so interesting but I will never take up this hobby. I think it would be a rabbit hole I would never come out of.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.