Monday, January 12, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table


The "The Plan Will Happen Later This Week" Edition........




I am still in Virginia lazing around. 
We are going home tomorrow so I can't make a plan until I get back.


Onward to the meal planning.....................

What was "planned" last week--
1.  Pizza, Salad
2.  Steak, Cauliflower, Spaghetti Squash
3.  No Clue
4.  No Clue
5.  No Clue
6.  No Clue
7.  No Clue
 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Pizza, Salad
2.  Steak, Cauliflower, Spaghetti Squash
3.  Mexican Food Out
4.  Spaghetti w/Meatballs, Tossed Salad, Garlic Bread
5.  Leftovers
6.  Burgers Out
7.  BBQ Pork Chops, leftover Cabbage, Green Beans
  
Last week I bought some drinks at Food Lion plus made a trip to Harris Teeter grocery store to get some deals to bring home.  I'll figure out what I spent down here after I get home and get everything sorted out. 

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Fried Chicken, Coleslaw, Corn, Biscuits
2.  No Clue
3.  No Clue
4.  No Clue
5.  No Clue
6.  No Clue
7.  No Clue
I'll get a menu together on Wednesday after we get home and settled.  I haven't been feeling very frugal this week with eating out.  Well my trips to Rite-Aid HAVE been frugal....lolz

 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week, other than clearance deals on Xmas themed plastic and paper goods?

Sluggy

10 comments:

  1. My weekly menus are mostly of the NO CLUE variety on a regular basis! I put in two loaves of bread into the machines at lunch today and Robb was home briefly and put some leftover frozen turkey from either Thanksgiving or Christmas into a crock pot with some BBQ sauce on it. We're having BBQ turkey sandwiches tonight! Tomorrow? No clue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I no longer have water due to frozen pipes, I am in no mood to think much about anything that messes up dishes. However, I have legs and thighs in the crockpot and made two dishes with blueberries in them, sort of like two pies with a quart of blueberries in each. I will use boxed stuffing and put things in it to bake for tomorrow when exbf comes. There will be leftovers. For lunch tomorrow, we are having sausage balls, cuties, and grape tomatoes. Tomorrow, I will use a thawing pound of ground beef to add to a jar of spaghetti. That and salad should feed me for the week along with scrambled eggs from Maggie May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes remember to thaw something...if I don't then I have an omelet or grilled cheese. Tonight I'm having.....NO CLUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went grocery shopping yesterday. Today, we got celery for 99 cents and 4 jars of Welch's Grape Jam for $1.47 for the 32-ounce size because they apparently don't restock for their customers' convenience before 10 pm the night before! Ever since we have decided to shop Harris Teeter for their sales, I have been unhappy with my shopping experiences. HT has always come up short...somehow...some way. They are always out of something. Last time, they were out of the store brand sausage. The guy in the meat department said to substitute Johnsonville and tell the folks at the check-out that he said to do it. Last time, I couldn't find a product in the correct size, so they gave me the wrong/larger size for the price of the smaller. They are losing money on us. Yesterday it was cool, today it was raining like all get-out. Do the sales make it worth going? Yes. How much longer will I shop there without talking to someone in authority about it? I. Don't. Know. They did double coupons this week, which was one consolation, but still... I should rarely have to come back the next day for products that should have been in stock to begin with! There. I'm done with my rant. {deep breath} Hi. I'm Fonda, and I am new to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fonda,
      You could probably substitute any of many grocery stores for Harris Teeter in your rant.....well, at least "I" could have! lolz
      My sister in-law likes HT and their Buy 2 Get 3 Free Deals. I don't think she always does the math on those though, as some are good deals and some not-so-much.

      Delete
  5. IN VIRGINIA!!!! AND YOU DIDN'T STOP BY!!!! INSULTED I AM, INSULTED!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Please know that you are always welcome if you are in, or passing through, Central Virginia!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay we come down PA Turnpike and then onto the Eastern Shore to Va. Bch/Chesapeake when we do to my brother's house, by passing 1-95, Capital Beltway, Richmond and I-64. A LOT less traffic and stress that way.
      But some day I will get to Richmond.....you have been warned! lolz

      Delete
  6. No clue
    No clue
    No clue
    No clue
    Eat out
    No clue

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are experimenting with meatless mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so much better about not having a plan and overspending now. You fell off the frugal wagon with me. Yay us.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.