Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pip Pip, Cheerio & All that Food!

Oh, it's just been a Festival of Teenagers here lately.
Between pre-school & grocery shopping, mountains of laundry, cooking non-stop to keep these bottomless pit teens fed, toting 1 to practices, hemming jeans and now packing up 2 of the teens so they can be hauled back across the state, I've had little time for myself or what "I" want/need to do.

First #1 son Matt and his buddy Kallaum from England arrived on Sunday.  Oh, how I do enjoy last minute house guests!  At least the house got a half-decent cleaning on Saturday because of it....


Kallaum hails from "jolly ol' England"-Yorkshire to be specific- if my post title didn't give that away yet.
It didn't take 1 hour before these two were stretched out on the sofa surfing the web with a chaser of cable tv blaring in the background(2 things they haven't done in the last 8 weeks while working at camp).
I have decided that except for the accent, these 2 teens are just alike.....well, except the English model doesn't seem to eat many vegetables.  I did get him to take 1 bite of home grown collards however on Sunday....the meat in the dish seemed to help him keep it down.lol

The last 4 days have basically gone like this.....
1.Teens sleeping until noon or later.
2.Teens rousing and rummaging through the fridge for food.
3.Teens occupying the bathroom for the next 2 hours.
4.Teens sitting in front of either computer of tv screen or on cell phones.
5.Teens going to A-see friends, B-go eat out, or C-go shopping(usually with parental units money).
6.Teens coming home to eat again.
7.Repeat #5.
8.Teens coming home again.
9. Repeat #4.
10.Teens eating again(usually around 1-2 am)
11.Teens finally going to bed(usually around 3am-except the English model retires earlier).

And get up the next mid-day and do it all over again.
Oh, and maybe throw in an odd chore or two in between, as long as it doesn't take too long and they can squeeze it into their busy schedule.....pronounced "sshedule".

Monday evening I got bonus fun!
Daughter had a friend sleeping over as well, so I got 5 doses of teenage hormonal drama from Monday evening to Tuesday evening!!

True to form, the 4 older teens roused at the crack of noon(the youngest was already up due to an orthodontic appointment), so I cooked breakfast for lunch.  It was totally a self-defensive measure on my part.  Had I not cooked food, I fear they would have eaten me!

It only took.....
12 waffles
6 pancakes
3 fried eggs
2 cans of corned beef hash
8 strips of bacon
8 biscuits
1 package of Smithfield ham

Kallaum had real maple syrup for the 1st time at this meal.
 8-)
It's possible I forgot something.....but I can't remember that far back in the week.
Here they are after  devouring everything on the table......I believe they are zombies, mesmerized by some clip on YouTube.....


Wednesday was back-to-school shopping....dear Lord!.....I was forced to go to the mall for the 2nd time this year and fork over cash!  I never go to the mall willingly.
The zombie teens have eaten out my brain.....

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. "crack of noon"-I have two of those creatures and I understand this language. DJ slept until 4pm one day!
    "Had I not cooked food, I fear they would have eaten me!"-Sitting here laughing all by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the crack of noon! My son is like that too. ALL the time...
    It's like a herd of locusts have settled on your home!
    Don't worry! It's almost quiet again!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.