Monday, October 21, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table....Oct 20th to Oct. 26th

The "Would You Trust This Man? Edition.........


On a recent trip to Walmart I happened to notice this up above one of the end cases in the Frozen Food Section.
It's a photo of a Walmart Employee and notes "Donald (Last Name Redacted) Backs This Product".  This is over a freezer case holding Great Value Brand Corn Dogs.

I guess compared to name brand corn dogs this is a good thing but really, what grownup eats corn dogs....other than as a lark at a State Fair or a single man still living in his parents basement. 
I should have asked at the CS desk that if I bought them and didn't like them as much as Donald that I could return them to Donald for a full refund.  ;-)

September's Meal Planning turned into a big fat Cluster "You Know What"  so we are starting fresh in October.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Leftover Lasagna, Salad, Leftover Garlic Bread
2. Monday--BBQ Pork, Coleslaw, Asparagus
3. Tuesday--Leftover Meatloaf, Assorted Leftover Veggies
4. Wednesday--Homemade Sauce with Pasta, Salad
5. Thursday--Crab Cakes, Leftover or Frozen 
Veggies
6. Friday--Chicken Strips, Leftover or Frozen Veggies
7. Saturday--Shrimp, Leftover or Frozen Veggies

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--Leftover Lasagna, Salad, Leftover Garlic Bread
2. Monday--BBQ Pork, Buns(optional), Coleslaw
3. Tuesday--Leftover Meatloaf, Asparagus
4. Wednesday--Crab Cakes, Leftover Sweet Potato Fries, Green Beans
5. Thursday--Homemade Sauce with Pasta, Leftover Broccoli
6. Friday--Shrimp, Yellow Squash and Onions
7. Saturday--Salmon, Leftover Asparagus and Cole Slaw

More Leftovers appeared than I planned but most meals planned were eaten.

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
*  A Pork Butt
*  Crab Cakes
*  Chicken Strips
*  Shrimp
*  Salmon
*  Spinach SoufflĂ©**
**I dropped the cooked spinach soufflĂ© on the floor when taking it out of the oven so it was  leftover veggies for the win.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 pcs. of Salmon
*  2 lbs. of Flounder
*  1 box of Shrimp
*  1 box of Shrimp Scampi
*  1 box of Spring Rolls
*  2 Apple Bread Batter Rolls
*  18 ct. Burritos
*  Most of the BBQ I made
                    
Last week we spent $150.13 grocery shopping.  

Total shopping comes to $471.18 for October.   There are 10 shopping days left in October.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $220.37 on Ibotta in October.
I've earned $3.00 on Shopmium in October.
I've earned $0.00 on TaDa in October.
I've earned $23.48 on Checkout51 in October.
I've earned $105.72 on Aisle, etc. in October. (Haven't gotten my Nature Valley rebate yet from June.)
I've earned 16,295 points on Fetch from food shopping in October.
I've earned 7,589 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in October.($8.94)
I've earned 1,919 Points on My Points in October.(not sure what the conversion rate it here)
I've earned 1,638 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in October.($16.38)

That is $352.57 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/Swag Bucks/The Insiders were I earned gift cards)on $471.18 of grocery spending so in reality it's $118.61 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending(but I do count any rebates on those items) so it's a win/win--the food bank gets a large donation of goods and I get a lower grocery bill.

My savings percentage for the last week was 46.12% and the monthly savings total for October comes in at 47.86% spent.

Leftovers going into this week....squash and onions, bbq, cole slaw, spaghetti with sauce, 1 helping of lasagna.  And a large load of bbq sans sauce got put into the freezer.

Here is this week's food plan.....
1. Sunday--Chicken Strips, Squash & Onions
2. Monday--Risotto, Salad
3. Tuesday--Chilli(Hubs), TV dinner(me)
4. Wednesday--Flounder, Veggie TBD
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Flatbread Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week? 

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I have to appreciate employees having fun at work by doing silly things like that though.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.