Friday, October 18, 2024

Frugal Friday....the October 18th Edition

  There are a few Frugal wins over the past week.....

*   I bought some stuff at Kroger this past Tuesday.


I got some great deals.  The can of almonds were $1.13 on clearance(also part of the Buy 5 Deal), the Justin's dark chocolate cashew butter cups were .98¢ on clearance and I had an Ibotta rebate for .75¢ back, making them .23¢ ea.(I got 5 but ate one so there are only 4 in the photo), the Reese's packs were .52¢ each(again, I ate one before I took the photo), the Dolly Parton Betty Crocker Chocolate cake mixes were $1.08 each.  The Protein bars(Cliff Builder Bars)were .75¢ each after sale and rebate.  The BC frostings were .99¢ each after rebate and sale.  The Melatonin bottles were BOGO and I had a $6/2 coupon so they cost $2.99 for both.  The bag of Sambucus Elderberry Lozenges was $1.02 after sale/coupon/rebate.  The oatmeal was just on sale for $1.49.  The Beggin' Strips were negative $1.17 for both after sale, coupon and rebate.  The Pedigree treats were $1.99 for both after sale and rebate.  Not pictured is the Dove whole body deodorant which cost minus .01¢ after sale/coupon/rebate.
The GM cereals were $4.47 for all 3 after rebate.(food bank items).  The chocolate chips were $2.74 each after coupons and rebate(food bank items).  I also bought 2 lb. of strawberries(better price this week but I was out), some reduced price salad kits and 2 lb. of yellow squash for $1.19 lb.

*  I picked these up after I saw a Youtuber's deal..........

4 travel size Jergens lotions.  Too bad Walmart doesn't carry the Cherry Almond scent as that is my favorite. 8-)   I also took a screenshot of the offer as this deal was a Shop Kick one and they are notorious for pulling offers between when you get rung up at the register and when you get home to send for it.

Well I only got the kicks for 1 item last night so I contacted them(as it was still 4 items qualified last night on their app)so I wrote them last night.
Wake up to an email from "Brett" this morning informing me I could only get kicks for 1 item(and looked and the offer is only for 1 item this morning).
So since this is not my first rodeo with Shop Kick, I sent him the screenshot I took in the store of the offer which said 4 items and reminded him of my date/time stamp on the receipt I submitted, which he has, and stated my case.
If they don't make this right, I'll just return the other three and rebuy them 1 at a time until they pull the offer. 
Anyway, these should be .47¢ each with the offer and great for keeping in your car or purse.

*  Not much else going on here.  Hubs too a big load to the Food Bank this week.  I've been trying to walk more with just the cane and had some 
Rxs filled at Walmart. Had an appointment with the Neurosurgeon's office and I don't know why since the Pain Management doc did a nerve black on me which worked.  I just think they want me to have back surgery which I refuse to do. The weather has finally cooled down on hell's front porch and we opened windows for a couple of days.  We didn't eat out all week either. 

*  I found money!

I found two pennies at Walmart on Saturday the 12th, while leaving the store.



I found a dime in the back of the car on the 14th.  Don't know who's it is or where it came from so I am counting it. lol

Total Found last week..... .12¢

Grand Total Found this Year.......$8.68 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got and all I can do right now.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy   



3 comments:

  1. Nope. I bought an overpriced macchiato but enjoyed it
    Anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deals. Way to stay on them to keep them honest! Most people would let it go and that is what they count on.
    Glad you are doing more walking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much from Ibotta this week but something new called Eat Meati was a $2.01 moneymaker at Kroger.

    I’ve been working on the chest freezer forever and it’s finally empty. I defrosted it overnight and cleaned it today. I may leave it empty for awhile since Kroger never has any good clearance items anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.