Monday, May 6, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table....the May 6th Edition

The "Well I Know I Am Back in The States" Edition.....



Went up to CVS on Sunday as I had $3 in free money expiring.  Stepped out of my car and look at what I see in the parking lot? lol
I swear I didn't see a single discarded dental pick the whole time in Europe but as soon as we hit an American airport, BOOM!, used dental picks everywhere.  I saw 1 in the Charlotte airport and 3 in Dallas.  *SMH*

As I mentioned before I put on 13 lbs. during the cruise, but I've already taken it all off.  go me.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Teriyaki Green Beans, Stuffed Mushroom Caps
2. Monday--Catfish, Shrimp, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--1/2 Subway Tuna Sub
4. Wednesday--1/2 Subway Tuna Sub
5. Thursday--Brisket, Baked Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger(bun optional), Teriyaki Green Beans, Stuffed Mushroom Caps(ate before the power went out)
2. Monday--Dinner out-Catfish, Shrimp, Green Beans
3. Tuesday--Dinner out-1/2 Subway Tuna Sub
4. Wednesday--1/2 Subway Tuna Sub
5. Thursday--Brisket, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Teriyaki Green Beans
6. Friday--Rigatoni with Mushroom/Meat Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread
7. Saturday--Beef & Veggie Stir-Fry Teriyaki w/Noodles

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
*  Brisket(it was less than stellar)
*  Cheeseburgers
*  Cooked Ground Beef
*  1 bag Stir-Fry Veggies
*  1 bag Green Beans
*  2 slices Garlic Bread

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1/2 lb. thinly sliced Beef for Stir-Fry 

Last week we spent $66.38 on grocery shopping for May. 

Total shopping comes to $66.38 for May.   There are 25 shopping days left in May.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $21.50 on Ibotta in May.
I've earned $1.50 on Shopmium in May.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in May.
I've earned $6.00 on Kroger Cash Back in May.
I've earned $1.56 on TaDa in May.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in May.
I've earned $5.49 on Aisle, etc. in May.
I've earned 1,610 points on Fetch from food shopping in May.
I've earned 12 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in May.($)
I've earned 0 Points on My Points in May.($)
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in May.

That is $23.00 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/TaDa/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa)on $66.38 of grocery spending so in reality it's $43.38 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending.

My savings percentage for the last week was 52.41% and the monthly savings total for May comes in at 52.41% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week...Rigatoni in Sauce, Stir-Fry Beef & Veggies w/Noodles, 1 Cheeseburger, Hubs Chili.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Leftovers(I had Stir-Fry)
2. Monday--Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Lobster cakes, Cole Slaw, Something else?
4. Wednesday--Salad, Soup?  Kind of warm here now for soup tho....
5. Thursday--Fish, leftover Cole Slaw, Sweet Potato Fries
6. Friday--Late Lunch Out, no Dinner
7. Saturday--???Whatever I pull out of the freezer
I am just feeling uninspired right now.  Like
Anne in the Kitchen", we have food, we'll eat something. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy      

1 comment:

  1. I cannot remember ever seeing a dental pick on the ground. So, I am wondering why. I asked Tommy if he ever saw one. "All the time. Everywhere."

    The food blahs will soon be banished here because I bought the ingredients for Mediterranean Pasta. And, it uses chicken. I love it. Tommy will hate it. But, that is okay because there will be more for me. Or, he can pick out what he hates. Or, I can make him something special for him.
    Just turn up the ac for soup day. I once lost 30 pounds in three months by eating soup every day of the week. I made soup on Sunday, divided it into 5 bowls to take to work. Then, I ate what was left in the pot for Sunday night dinner. On Saturdays I was barely hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.