Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Great Start to the Week! *Not*

 Monday was a "day".

I had to go get bloodwork done before my PCP appt. on Friday.  So I headed out mid morning on Monday to pick up the lab order and head upstairs from the PCP office to the lab.

So I got deep into downtown(where it was pretty deserted), pulled up to a red light and what do I spy on the corner diagonal from me?  A naked man.  *WTF*  On a Monday morning.

Ok, let me back up a bit.....the naked man wasn't actually naked.  He had something wrapped around his head(which obviously didn't keep his brain from leaking out!)and he was holding a rag/towel/piece of material over his groin.  ???

Beside me at the light in the other lane was a cop car.  Of course when he pulled up and saw Mr. Au Natural his lights when on and he crossed right over to the unclothed one to take care of the situation.
But see that was such a great way to start your Monday, right?

Then I get another block further and there is a single railroad track which I had never seen a train use in the 1.5 years we've been here, but of course I get there and the warning lights start flashing and the gates come down.  The engine approaching had 9 cars hooked to it and was doing about 2MPH AND he was blasting his horn over and over again.  And being so close to this tiny train procession the horn was very loud so by the time the train cleared the crossing and I was able to proceed my head was throbbing.  And I still had to get the lab slip from the dr. office.

Get to the medical facility, found a good parking space, got the lab slip and went to the elevator(there is only one)to get to the 4th floor lab.  And I waited, and waited, and waited.

Finally get in the elevator and it dumps me out on the 4th floor.  Then I have to remember which direction to go to find the lab.  Get to the lab to check in and look around me and I swear half the folks living here were in the lab to get bloodwork. ugh.

So I wait and wait and I swear they didn't have but one or two phlebotomists working that day.  After hour one of waiting we all began grumbling to each other about it taking an eternity to be called.  Someone said they should serve snacks and I said they needed one of those airplane carts they use to serve beverages and cookies.  Two people couldn't wait any longer so they went up to the receptionists and took their lab orders back and left so that bumped me ahead 2 folks.  I was counting who had been there before me to see how much longer and just as I was about to surrender and leave(but that would mean coming back Tues. or Wed. and I didn't relish that idea)they called me back.  The stick was quick and clean and I was out of there before you could say Bob's Your Uncle.

I got a couple of items at Walmart, since there was one right across the street.  And of course as I was walking out I remembered that I had forgotten to check for another items so I threw that shopping bag in the car and wheeled my cart back into the store. bleh.  Found what I was looking for and hightailed it out of there again.  Then I had to check at Kroger(also on the route home)for something but they were out of it but I picked up "nut juice" ala almond milk for Hubs.

Got my bloodwork results back online and I am astonished to see that none of the PCPs I've seen down here run a Lipids Panel as part of routine bloodwork.  I went back and checked on the last labs I had done with this doc and the other two docs who were my PCP and none of them ran the panel.  Seems to me(yet I am not a medical personnel)that if you have a patient on Cholesterol meds it would be standard practice to run a Lipids panel when doing their routine labs.  Hmmm.

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. My state insurance through my job requires us to have our cholesterol check, bp check, weight check, triglycerides check once a year or our insurance goes up. If we are over a certain number we get referred to our doctor and we are then required to submit paperwork that we saw doc and had everything retested and that we received medical counseling regarding our screening. If the doctor seems it necessary we go on meds. I have been fortunate in that my “bad” cholesterol has gone down and that my “good”Cholesterol has stayed in the green light range but barely.
    I barely stay ok on blood pressure and on weight since I trend fluffy….. lol. I walk four hours a week and do stairs at work all the time, or as much as my knees will allow. Everything feels like it is barely hanging together here at 64. I just tried on my bathing suit from last year. That was loads of fun…. Not!!!I am same weight but it seems that my middle gained and the rest of me lost. Think of Winnie the Pooh in a bathing suit. That is meeeeeee!!!!!Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am going on a search to see if I can find a naked person (not biologically biased)on a street corner. I have lived my entire life and never seen such. I need to get out and about more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No picture of naked man? You may have something going if you live in such an exciting place. That is shocking for no lipid panel. At least there were no electric carts for your Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blood work is not for the weak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck you'll pass out before they get to you if it's fasting bloodwork. At least they should supply you juice and cookies afterwards.

      Delete
  5. A naked person on a street corner?? Not everyone can say they've seen that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wasn't on drugs either. lolz I just live in a classy place I suppose.....

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.