Monday, April 8, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table.....the April 8th Edition

The "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Meal Plan" Edition.....



I've been to Iowa(and Indiana)and this is just a bit of an exaggeration when it comes to a pork tenderloin sandwich.
Dang, you could feed a family of 6 on that thing!  lolz

This is day 302 of the new "way of eating".  Down 59 lbs. since the cruise(not counting the 8 I gained on the cruise and then lost again, which would make it 67 lbs.).  
Won't be loosing any weight in the coming weeks but hope to maintain.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Roast Turkey w/Gravy, Stuffing, Asparagus, Deviled Eggs, Grilled Pineapple
2. Monday--Salad or Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Wild Rice Soup w/Mushrooms and Asparagus, Garlic Bread
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Whatever needs using up
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened......
1. Sunday--Roast Turkey w/Gravy, Stuffing, Asparagus, Deviled Eggs, Grilled Pineapple
2. Monday--Salad or Leftovers
3. Tuesday--Steak, leftover Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--More Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftover Steak, Asparagus, Sweet Potato

What got taken out of the freezer last week...
*  1 Turkey

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 pack of Burritos(hub's)

Last week we spent $370.66 on grocery shopping for April. (Don't be hating, there were some super good deals last week!)

Total shopping comes to 370.66 for April.   
There are 22 shopping days left in April.

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $147.58 on Ibotta in April.
I've earned $20.50 on Shopmium in April.
I've earned $32.50 on Alexa app in April.
I've earned $8.50 on Kroger Cash Back in April.
I've earned $33.43 on TaDa in April.
I've earned $1.50 on Checkout51 in April.
I've earned $5.00 on Aisle, etc.
I've earned 23,382 points on Fetch from food shopping in April.
I've earned 7,336 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in April.($29.34)
I've earned 2,641 Points on My Points in April.($16.63)
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in April.

That is $262.48 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch)on $370.66 of grocery spending so in reality it's $108.18 in food spending after the rebate apps I count.  Some of what I spent was for Food Bank donations(I didn't start separating those items spent on from our personal use items yet.)

My savings percentage for the last week was 38.06% and the monthly savings total for April comes in at 38.06% spent so far. 

Leftovers going into this week...not a blessed thing.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Twisted Root Burger
2. Monday--No Clue
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

No Clue this week except to say I'll be having many Coke Zeros, drinks with tiny umbrellas in them, bourbon and good, dark beer(hopefully).
As for meals, it's anybody's guess. ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  


Sluggy     

11 comments:

  1. Cruise week? Enjoy, and come back relaxed and let the world woes figure themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your trip! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a last week deal, but I will be going to Food Giant to get bscb for $1.99/lb. That excites me. I get my thrills in strange places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun, enjoy the meals, the bourbon and the good dark beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There used to be a restaurant in East Ridge, TN called Magoo's and they had a big pork tenderloin sandwich just like that, but they have since went out of business.




    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been cooking nonstop since the weekend and have nothing to show for it but a bowl of pasta salad. Family members were here for the eclipse and ate everything in sight. I might make chili today and have that in various forms for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard at that pic!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. No 'deals' I am aware but it has been some time since I bought groceries. I bought 'store brand' when I could and tried not to impulse buy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am making baked beans in the crockpot and I have added ground beef, rotel tomatoes, carrots because I had added honey…or maybe it was karo syrup, idk… lol. I guess it is more of a “dish” than baked beans per se. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the great work, and don't forget to enjoy those delicious leftovers. Read my new blog post for more tips and inspiration on meal planning and budgeting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wondering about you and how you're doing. It's been a while since we heard from you. I hope everything is OK.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.