Monday, August 12, 2019

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Not Interested in Cooking" Edition................

We are working on house stuff lately since we haven't needed the a/c for awhile, so meals haven't been very interesting....just easy and cheap.
Moving and going through crap just zaps my energy and eating is an afterthought.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Fried Fish and Zucchini
3. Tuesday--Quiche, Salad
4. Wednesday--Korean Beef, Stir-Fry Veggies
5. Thursday--BBQ sandwiches, Cole Slaw
6. Friday--Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--FFY
2. Monday--Fried Fish and Zucchini
3. Tuesday--Quiche, Salad
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or FFY
5. Thursday--Korean Beef, Stir-Fry Veggies
6. Friday--Barbecue on Rolls, Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Lasagna Hamburger Helper, Tomtoes and Cukes

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/ffy, and 0 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  
Pretty much everything planned happened last week.  Imagine that?! lolz

What got put into the freezer last week.....
* Nothing

What got taken out of the freezer and used last week.....
* 1 lb. Cod
* 1 London Broil
* 2 bags Stir-Fry Veggies
* 1 bag of Smoked Pork Shoulder meat

Two trips to Weis($43.15), the Bread Outlet($4.00)and a trip to Malacari's($18.12)brought the weekly spending to $65.27 and my August total to $116.94.

My savings percentage last week was 42.70%(without Rite-Aid trips)and August's monthly savings total comes in at 44.75%(w/out R-A). 

I have 19 more food shopping/spending days in August and $283.06 left in my $400 food budget for this month.

Leftovers going into this week......about half of a quiche, lasagna hamburger helper, Korean Beef stir-fry w/rice, 1 piece of cod.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--London Broil, Corn on Cob
2. Monday--Chicken Fried Steak, Gravy, Mashed Taters, Cabbage(I'll just have Mashed Ts and Cabbage since I don't like CFS)
3. Tuesday--Tempura Shrimp and Veggies
4. Wednesday--Lasagna, Salad
5. Thursday--Tacos or Taco Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
Or only 4 new meals if the leftovers hold out after Hubs attacks them for lunches. lolz

What needs buying for this menu? Corn.  I've got half a cabbage(after making Cole Slaw last week)and some aging sweet potatoes and a zuke left(to tempura).  Might need lettuce if there isn't enough left out in the garden.  I might also buy a cantaloupe or broccoli since both are cheap this week.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 

Sluggy  

6 comments:

  1. I would send you some corn but I am afraid it would turn out like those rosettes I sent only more stinky....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast ready to go in oven with one potato for me tonight. The crockpot will have potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. That should last me for Tommy tomorrow and some for him to take home and enough for me to freeze and eat. Well, I will only freeze cooked chicken breasts. Then, there is slaw to make.

    No great deals. I will go to Farmer's Market tomorrow for maybe corn and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The box came. I am going to open it and see what there is to eat in it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it when individuals get together and share ideas.
    Great site, continue the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course like your web-site but you have to check the spelling on several of your
    posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the reality nevertheless I will definitely come
    again again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine way of telling, and pleasant article to obtain data regarding my presentation subject
    matter, which i am going to convey in school.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.