Friday, August 2, 2019

Frugal Friday......the August 2nd Edition

Another Friday, another look around to see what frugal wins we had at Chez Sluggy.

* Lots of goodies hauled home from Rite-Aid this week and no out of pocket spending.........





Plus I see those men's razors qualify for a $1 Ibotta rebate($3 total).



*  I received a $10 rebate for buying Allegra via Paypal.



*  I was going over our c/c statement and saw I had a $25 credit from Paypal.  Couldn't think for the life of me why ot was there so I called them(not that I was going to turn down $25 or anything! lol).
Turns out the charitable donation we made at Porcfest was to a Paypal account and was $75 or more so there was a deal involving this Mastercard we hold and Paypal and voila!.....we got back $25.

*  I found money!
* A penny at Rite-Aid next to one of the Clearance tables......


And a dime.............


This was at Weis(PMITA)Markets over by one of the self-checkout registers. There were empty coin wrappers in the small trashcan by the register and it looked like someone was restocking the coins in the machine or using wrapped coins to pay.  Either way someone let .10¢ go astray on the floor and didn't pick it up so I did! ;-)

And let's not forget about walking out of Rite-Aid on Wednesday with $4.85 more in cash than I went in with due to not well trained cashiers...............



*  I got the Weis Freebie last Friday............




A bottle of marinade.  They had a few varieties so I got the lemon garlic one that is good on fish.  We like that one and haven't had it in quite awhile and I just dug some catfish fillets out of the chest freezer so it will be used soon.

*  Fresh Green Beans finally went to a low price so I stocked up on 8 lbs. worth............


By day's end on Sunday I had 7 x 1 lb. bags in the freezer........


These may not be as cheap as store bought frozen but they will taste pretty good come Winter. ;-)





That's about it from here.
What frugal wins did y'all have this past week?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I could use the Allegr (though I don't know if it would work for me) this past week! Great prices or non prices on the ELF stuff. You'd be a winning show choir mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good and frugal Week, SLuggy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.