Monday, December 31, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Holidays and the Year are Coming to a Close" Edition.........

I didn't get many photos snapped this Holiday Season, including no photos of our Xmas dinner.  There were only 3 of us for Xmas eve dinner out(ECB had to work so we got him a To Go order of his fav. dish.).

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Spinach Salad, Chicken Strips
2. Monday--Xmas eve dinner out
3. Tuesday--Ham, Radicchio/Brussels Sprouts Slaw, Mac and Cheese, Rolls, Deviled Eggs
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--Pizza
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Spinach Salad, Chicken Strips
2. Monday--Xmas eve dinner out
3. Tuesday--Ham, Radicchio/Brussels Sprouts Slaw, Mac and Cheese, Rolls, Deviled Eggs
4. Wednesday--Friendly's
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Hamburgers on rolls, Broccoli

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 nights of leftovers/fend for yourself, 2 nights of Eating Out/Take-Out.  Wasn't sure how last week would pan out since I didn't know how long company would stay. Daughter cooked for Xmas and that was appreciated.  Hubs handled Sat. dinner too.  I don't feel like I was living in the kitchen this year at the Holidays, which was nice. 8-)

 A couple of grocery trips.....a small and a biggish trip to Weis($8.99/$37.91)plus a trip earlier in the month to Weis I somehow forgot to record($41.18)brought the weekly food spending to $88.08 and brought the December monthly total to $364.82.

I have 0 days left in my shopping month for December and my December totals plus Year End food shopping totals will be posted later today.

My savings percentage last week was 56.77%(without Rite-Aid trips)and December's monthly savings total comes to 59.17%(w/out R-A).  

Leftovers going into this week....a couple of dinner rolls from Xmas dinner, a little bit of ham.  Daughter did well in gauging how much she prepared for Xmas dinner.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Barbecue on Rolls, Cole Slaw
2. Monday--Apps and Finger Foods for NYE
3. Tuesday--Teriyaki Pork, Asian Veggie Medley, Rice
4. Wednesday--Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Veggie TBD(I'll have Taters and Veggie only)
5. Thursday--Pasta of some kind, Salad
6. Friday--Seafood Buffet(catfish, salmon, shrimp, clams), Veggie TBD
7. Saturday--?

Saturday is a ? so far as I haven't dug around in the freezer yet. ;-)

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 0 nights of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out and 1 night of ?.
If we have enough leftovers for a meal, 1 of the dinners will be moved to next week.

What needs buying for this menu?  Just some salad greens and the ubiquitous milk.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy  

2 comments:

  1. Country Fried Steak? Yum! I love that with sawmill gravy just as much as I like Beef Cube Steaks with Mushroom gravy. Your dinners sound delicious as usual, SLuggy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.