Monday, June 11, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Open Wide and say 'Ah'" Edition--



This is Chester and Cinnamon performing one of their rituals.  Cinnamon lays under my desk while I am on my computer there and lets Chester "clean" her mouth.  Sometimes he also licks her eyes. ick.
I guess it's all part of the grooming ritual some animals perform amongst  themselves.
I suppose I should sign Chester up for a dental hygienist course, huh? ;-)

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Asparagus
2. Monday--Marinated Beef w/Broccoli, Rice
3. Tuesday--Tacos
4. Wednesday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
5. Thursday--Stuffed Shells, Salad
6. Friday--Fish?
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Asparagus
2. Monday--Marinated Beef w/Broccoli, leftovers Rice
3. Tuesday--Leftovers or TV dinners
4. Wednesday--Stuffed Shells, Salad
5. Thursday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
6. Friday--Beef Pie
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Everything but the fish got served.

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 night of leftovers/fend for yourself, 0 nights of Take-Out or Eating Out.  

A trip to the Bread Outlet, Weis, Boyer's and Aldi's brought the weekly food spending to $115.65 and the monthly total to $231.63.

I've got $168.37 left in the food budget for June and 19 days left in my shopping month.  

My savings percentages last week was 56.11%(without Rite-Aid trips)and June's monthly savings total so far is at 55.12%.

Leftovers going into this week......1 helping of tuna casserole, 1 pork tenderloin, a few helpings of Beef Pie and lots of Stuffed Shells(it makes a ton).

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Tacos
2. Monday--Leftovers(Stuffed Shells or whatever you find)
3. Tuesday--Pecan Chicken, Squash Casserole
4. Wednesday--Reuben Sandwiches, Cabbage
5. Thursday--Eggplant Parm, Salad
6. Friday--Chicken Tenders, Veg(TBD)
7. Saturday--?  Pizza or something easy from the Freezer

This week will see 5-6 new meals cooked, 1 night of leftovers/FFY and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu?  More Squash, Cabbage.  That's about it.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon appears to enjoy this ritual. I think dogs would like people to lie down and let the dogs lick faces like this. ick. I saw a video of a guy sleeping and the dog going deep, licking his mouth inside. The guy must have been drugged or drunk.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.