Monday, June 4, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Two Down, One to Go" Edition--


Since Ex-College Boy didn't want to walk at his graduation ceremony we had to wait a bit for his diploma to arrive.
I finally got a photo of him with it.
Two kids are college graduates now(one of them has his Masters as well), we've just got to get the daughter through by next Spring and then get her and ex-CB outta my house! lolz
Yay!

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned--

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Burgers, Hot Dogs, Roasted Veggies
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Green Beans
5. Thursday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
6. Friday--Marinated Beef w/Broccoli, Rice
7. Saturday--Chicken Fajitas, Refried Beans

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Burgers, Hot Dogs, Roasted Veggies
3. Tuesday--Pork Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Green Beans, Rutabaga
4. Wednesday--Chinese Take-Out
5. Thursday--Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
6. Friday--Fajitas(used leftover turkey meat)
7. Saturday--More Leftovers

Everything but the Beef w/Broccoli got made/eaten.  With the leftovers and the Take-Out(and those leftovers some of us had)we didn't need one of my meals so that moves to next week.

Last week saw 3 nights of home cooked dinners, 3 night of leftovers/fend for yourself, 1 nights of Take-Out or Eating Out.  

A trip to Maines for a 5 lb. block of Cooper cheese, a hunk of ground beef and lots of fresh veggies($57.53), using a rain check or two that were expiring at the Shursave market($18.92) and some stocking up on pantry deals at Weis($39.53)brought the weekly food spending to $115.98.

I've got $284.02 left in the food budget for June and 27 days left in my shopping month.  

My savings percentages last week was 54.08%(without Rite-Aid trips)and June's monthly savings total so far is at 54.08%.

Leftovers going into this week.......garlic bread, stuffing, rice, mashed taters, rutabaga, hot dogs.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Tuna Noodle Casserole, Asparagus
2. Monday--Marinated Beef w/Broccoli, Rice
3. Tuesday--Tacos
4. Wednesday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
5. Thursday--Stuffed Shells, Salad
6. Friday--Fish?
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 6 new meals cooked, 1 night of leftovers/FFY and 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu? Lettuce, milk and maybe more hamburger rolls.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

13 comments:

  1. You could pick lettuce at my house. Nice picture of the babe and you will feel really special when you have all three edumacated....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've almost got enough lettuce here for 1 salad. lolz
      I'll feel relieved and broke when all three are done....

      Delete
  2. Congrats to the ex college boy!!!

    Onward and outward... lol

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Ex-College Boy!

    As for me... Meals were on point. I bought lunch one day as I didn't bring lunch on Friday as I was supposed to have a lunch date (they flaked). Over at the weekend job I get fed lunch and so dinner over the weekend was minimal. Lunch this week is black bean burgers and dinner is remaining stuffed peppers and then hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting to get my 2 out of the house too....maybe they could all find somewhere together :)

    We did really well sticking with our menu plan - only ate out once, and it was with a gift card. Eating out is our biggest vice so we are really trying to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on reigning in the eating out.
      Either they could find something all together or we could blindfold them and dump them somewhere at night and hope they can't find their way back.....hehehe

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Ex-College Boy!

    Busy week ahead and cooler temps as well. Made a two week meal plan. Hoping I will feel inspired enough to come up with 2 more weeks of ideas, then I will rinse and repeat for next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure wish I could manage a two week plan. It's all I can do some weeks to figure out a whole 7 days ahead!lol

      Delete
  6. Just wondering, did you have to pay for the diploma? My daughter had to pay $50 to get her certificate, (which should have been a diploma, but that's another story). Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we didn't have to pay extra for the paper proof he finished. I think 4 years of tuition and 3 years of room and board would have been enough. lolz

      Delete
  7. Reading your post makes me realize how long I've been (years and years) reading your posts and blogging myself! Our former high school kids have gone so much further now. Incredible how time flies. Good luck getting your kids out of YOUR house - I haven't done very well in that area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are old time bloggers now. Maybe we should start a guild or something? It's been YEEEEEAAAARS!
      And I do think deep down inside you are going to miss Kazi if she ever moves out. ;-)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.