Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Shopping Lately

I'm a bit behind on my shopping posts.  C'est la vie, right?

Here is stuff I bought at Rite-Aid last Friday....or was it Saturday?


3 x 12 packs Diet Pepsi on sale=$9.99 *not pictured*
2 x Mitchum deodorant on sale BOGO50%=$6.73
1 x Russell Stover chocolates on sale=$5.99
SubTotal........$22.71

Coupons Used
1 x $1/3 Pepsi 12 packs R-A in-adQ=$1.00
1 x $2/3 Diet Pepsi Catalina Q=$2.00
1 x $5/2 Mitchum R-A receiptQ=$5.00
1 x $1/1 Mitchum ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $2/1 R/S chocolate box ManuQ=$2.00
Coupon Total.....$11.00

$22.71-$11.00=$11.71+.27¢tax=$11.98 paid with Bonus Cash.
I earned $2 in new BC(on the R/S chocolate box) so "spent down" $9.98 on my Bonus Cash.

The Diet Pepsi Catalina spit out after the cashier scanned all 3 12-packs and got used right away to make my sodas $2.33 each 12 pack, which is a good price.
The chocolate was $1.99 after sale/Q/BC earned and the deodorants were .73¢ for both.

I needed to spend down some BC on this card and this transaction got the job done.  Keeping track of BC and having to roll it is just too time consuming with this 60 until expiration limit now.

I also made one trip to Weis(PMITA)Markets this week.
Here are the highlights.....


Pretend you see 4 Flip yogurts and 1 Yoplait mix-in yogurts in the photo. (A Flip got eaten before I got around to taking this shot.)
Flips were on sale for .87¢ each and I had 4 x .50/1 Qs that doubled to $1 so I was paid .52¢ to take those yogurts home.  The Yoplait was $1 and I had a .40¢/1 Q which doubled to .80¢ so that one cost me .20¢ OOP.
I'll pick these up when they are cheap enough to have as a treat(the yogurt makes them healthy, right?lol)

 I bought these 6 items as part of the Mix and Match/Buy6, Get $3 Off instantly Deal.
2 x Daisy cottage cheese on sale=$3.98
2 x Silk milk on sale=$5.98
2 x Cool Whip on sale=$2.98
SubTotal.......$12.94
I had 2 x .55¢/1 DaisyQs($1.10)and 2 x $1/1 SilkQs($2)so $3.10 off plus the $3 instant discount and all 6 were $6.84 OOP.
Hubs is using nut juice in is cereal and coffee now so I pick these up when I find a deal.  The Cool Whip is needed for the 4th of July cook-out pie recipe and we can always use cottage cheese for something here.


3 items this week Weis had a deal, buy a brand name and get the equivalent Weis brand for free.
I only did the mayo deal(I don't buy frozen waffles and we have enough bbq sauce)so both jars cost me $2.50(Kraft on sale for $2.50 and the Weis brand was free)making each jar $1.25.  That's a good price for mayo.


And Domino sugar was a loss leader at $1.47 a bag.  I had a .75/2 Q which doubled fully to $1.50 off so my two bags of sugar cost me .72¢ each after Q.

And that's it for me lately.
What have you gotten a good deal on where you live?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. You did really well this week. I haven't been shopping because I was sick. My son ran to the store to grab grapes and milk. He checked the produce mark down bin(so proud) and grabbed zucchini, grapes and broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my kids would shop frugally. I've been sick too so I can relate and I hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
  2. No store around here doubles coupons. I have not seen a Catalina in ages! The best I can do most days is the face value of a coupon. Price-matching, gone now, was my best tool. Some of the really good bargains are 10- or 15-miles away. I won't drive that far for one bargain. When I go farther to a town with great bargains, I am too exhausted to shop. Exbf is not willing when he drives me. Well, he never says no, just grumbles. I miss lots of fruit, vegetable, and meat deals. My freezer is broken, so I can no longer buy in bulk and freeze. Deals abound, but not on what I want, need, or can afford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, are you at least using the Savings Catcher feature at Walmart? Pretty much would save you if there are stores with a lower price on what you want.....like price matching but after the fact.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.