Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Winter Shopping

I find myself in the midst of the Winter Shopping Season.
Around here, like in other areas among the Snow Belt, in the Winter you never know when you'll be able to get out to the stores.  Storms sometimes are predictable and more often than not, they are not.
So having a stockpile is a very good idea around here during the Winter at least.

I usually do my shopping on Wednesday(the last day of the Weis ad)but find I have to go out earlier this week as an all day snowstorm is predicted for tomorrow.
I already did this week's Mix and Match Deal at Weis this week.........I bought other things but I wanted to show you the M&M Deal most as it was the best deal...........


1 x Pinesol on sale=$1.99
1 x Lysol wipes on sale=$1.99
1 x Lysol toilet cleaner on sale=$1.99
2 x Mardi Gras napkins on sale=$1.99
1 x Sandwich Bros. on sale=$3.49
SubTotal.....$13.44

Coupons Used
1 x .75¢/1 Pinesol(fully doubled)=$1.50
1 x .50¢/1 Lysol Wipes doubled=$1.00
1 x .50¢/1 Lysol toilet cleaner doubled=$1.00
2 x .55¢/1 Mardi Gras(fully doubled)=$2.10
1 x $1.50/1 Sandwich Bros=$1.50
Coupon Total......$7.10

$13.44-$7.10=$6.34-$6 M&M discount=$.34 +.38¢tax=.72 OOP for all 6 items.  8-)))

I also picked up more Eggland's eggs on the trip above as they were still half price and I had another $1/2 ManuQ, making the eggs .75¢ per dozen.

I decided to go out to Weis again this morning and do the Mix and Match Deal a couple more times.  Of course when I got to the store, they were out of Lysol disinfectant wipes so I had to punt and get this instead........


The 5 Lysol items, Pinesol, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing, the 2 Celetano Eggplant parms, the 2 Sandwich Bros. sammiches and the Ling Ling Yakatori were all part of the Mix and Match Buy 6/Get $6 Off Instantly Deal.  After sale prices totallying $34.38, fully doubling up to .99¢ Qs totaling $12.50 and $12 instantly off, all 12 items came to $9.88.   8-)))
I also bought 4 bottles of Palmolive dish soap($1 after sale and Qs) and 4 bottles of Ken's salad dressing(after B2/Get2Free and $1 off peelies on 2 of the bottles they were .99¢ per bottle).

Not pictured in my order was a half gallon of milk, a bag of 50% off bagels and 2 cartons of ice cream(gotta have ice cream during a snowstorm)along with these.........


8 bottles of Sun brand dish soap.  These are being discontinued at my Weis Markets so they were .62 per bottle.  I believe Dollar Tree carries this brand so other than this clearance price you can't get them for under $1+ tax around here otherwise.
If there are any left on my next trip day there I'll get more but 8 bottles should last us a long while(plus the 4 bottles of Palmolive I also picked up this trip).


I spent $36.51 OOP for all the above, a savings rate of 61% according to my receipt.
I love to see anything over a 40% savings rate when I shop.


With the storm coming in Wednesday I am sad as it might keep me from going to Rite-Aid for the Wellness Wednesday.  WW is the first Wed. of the month and there are one day only R-A coupons available to stack with Manu/IPQs.  This sometimes makes for very cheap or free items at Rite-Aid.

On Sunday I worked up a plan for Rite-Aid for WW.  This plan involves using a $20BC that expires beginning of March(plus another $3 BC)and earns me 2 x $15 BC(doing the Spend $40/Get $15 BC Back Deal x 2)back as well as between $6 and $7.50 in SavingStar cash rebates.

It also involves buying a LOT of laundry detergent but that is something I can give to the local Food Bank and they will gladly accept it, so no worries.
If I can't get to Rite-Aid tomorrow I'll figure something else out.  I might not try to do the Spend $40/Get $15 Back in BC if Wednesday is a washout.  I'll use that $20BC on something like OTC nasal spray or turmeric capsules(the turmeric is BOGO this week). 
It is always wise to have back-up plans.


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. If I could not go out on Wed, I would find the friendliest manager and ask about a stormy day reprieve. You might just be able to use those on Thursday. He might have to call corporate.

    Does turmeric work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double coupons?? Lucky you. I have not seen double coupons in my area for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if all hell breaks loose you can drink all that dish soap! Thanks for cheering me up yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.