Monday, May 29, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Finally Home" Edition--

Well I'm home finally and decompressing from this adventure.  More details to come later.

Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--I wasn't home all week so this wasn't my plan. ;-)

1. Sunday--Fend for Yourself
2. Monday--Baked Ham, Corn Casserole, Asparagus
3. Tuesday--?
4. Wednesday--?
5. Thursday--?
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Burger King Whoppers
2. Monday--Baked Ham, Mac and Cheese, Peas
3. Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff, Brown Rice
4. Wednesday--Leftovers
5. Thursday--BBQ Riblets, Corn Casserole, Brussels Sprouts
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

Last week saw 7 nights of dinners....1 night of take-out, 3 nights of Leftovers and 3 nights of cooking new meals.

First old news--Last week's grocery trip was $14.85 and not $15 as Daughter told me. Daughter made one trip to the Shursave market at $31.39 and I had a receipt from before I left town I forgot to add in so that was another $25.50 spent at Weis(PMITA)Markets. Both of these put a dent in the food budget of $56.89.   This brings my May food spending total to $151.67.  There are 2 days left in the month. 

My savings percentages last week was 47.71% which brings the month's percentage to 66.77%. 

Leftovers going into this week.......

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Chinese Take-out
2. Monday--Burgers and Dogs, COC, Beans(Hubs is cooking)
3. Tuesday--Leftovers, Spinach Salad
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Garlic Bread, Salad
5. Thursday--Steak, Baked Potato, Caesar Salad
6. Friday--Fried Cod, Cole Slaw, Steak Fries
7. Saturday--Meatloaf, Veggies TBD

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 1 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 1 nights of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu? Steak, Burger Rolls, Cole Slaw, Corn(COC), Spinach, Fish, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Garlic Bread, Ground Beef.
Out of lots of stuff here.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. There were meat deals, mostly beef, that I cannot remember and did not buy since I don't eat it. Then, there were lots of fruit bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That menu sounds so good!! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get your family to cook while you are gone? When I leave town every night is a restaurant or take out meal for TheHub.
    I didn't notice any terrific stock up deals this week, so it was just a week of adding to existing produce and crossing my fingers that next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually they won't cook, beyond reheating stuff, when I am gone. But Daughter has finished school and only works weekend days so she has time on her hands right now and she will cook when inspired by ingredients. She is not one to meal plan and DETESTS grocery shopping though so I just had to have stuff on hand before I left and she whipped up meals when she felt like it. Luckily Hubs is not picky and College Boy will also eat most anything. Weis has steaks for $5.88 lb. this week and they called my name. lolz

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.