Monday, May 1, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "There's Only 5 More Paychecks" Edition--


Every payday now I think to myself..."OMG, there are only X more paychecks until Hubs retires!"
And then I have a little hyperventilating fit before I calm down.
I guess I am not taking this well. lolz


Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Manicotti in Sauce(from freezer), Salad, leftover Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Quesadillas(using leftover chicken and/or taco meat), Corn
3. Tuesday--Kielbasa in Rolls, Beans
4. Wednesday--Mac and Cheese w/Ham, Brussels Sprouts
5. Thursday--Steak, Baked Potatoes, Sauted Veggie(TBD)
6. Friday--Breakfast for Dinner(Daughter is making this.)
7. Saturday--Leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Manicotti in Sauce(from freezer), Salad, leftover Garlic Bread
2. Monday--Kielbasa in Rolls, Beans
3. Tuesday--Quesadillas(using leftover taco meat), Spinach Salad
4. Wednesday--Steak, Cuke and Tom Salad
5. Thursday--Mac and Cheese w/Ham, Brussels Sprouts
6. Friday--Breakfast for Dinner(Daughter is making this.)
7. Saturday--Teriyaki London Broil, Broccoli Tots, Rolls

We ate ZERO leftovers last week so 7 nights of making new dinners....except the Daughter made Friday's meal.
Even though I/we cooked 7 nights we have very few leftovers heading into this week.

Two trips to Weis, plus 2 small trips to the Bread Outlet and Dollar Tree earlier in the month that weren't recorded yet, put a dent in the food budget of $48.51.   This brought my April food spending total to $260.54.  There are 0 days left in the month.  

My savings percentages last week was 75.20%. 

Leftovers going into this week....... Ham bone, Rolls, Roast Chicken slices, Taco filling, Mac & Cheese, 1 Kielbasa, London Broil slices.

Here is this week's "food plan"....
* Denotes "complicated" meals

1. Sunday--Primo Hoagies(take-out)
2. Monday--Tacos, Salads or Burritos(using leftover filling+)
3. Tuesday--Pinto Beans w/Ham, Cornbread
4. Wednesday--Grilled Chicken Thighs, leftover Mac/Cheese, Salad
5. Thursday--Pork Chops, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
6. Friday--Leftovers or homemade Pizza
7. Saturday--Dinner Out(using a gift certificate)

This week will see 5-6 new meals cooked, 1 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out and 0-1 night of Leftovers.

What I need to buy for this menu? Nothing at all.  Maybe I'll stay out of the grocery stores this week? hahaha

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I know it is scary but you will be fine. I promise. Well other than you will have a man under foot 24/7 but you will whip him into shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this! You guys are so good with money, you will adjust your budgets according to income. Just make sure he has a man-cave of some kind (garage?/basement?) so you can get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have planned better than anyone could, and you have a frugal lifestyle with affordable treats and luxuries, that keep you fulfilled. I echo what Cheap chick says-he needs his space so he doe snot encroach on yours. Here was my meals plan but I am already switching it up
    Saturday-Pasta Fagiole soup,Sunday-Spinach and cheese egg bake (lunch),Pork chops-had country ribs instead, mashed potatoes-naked red instead, broccoli (no potatoes for me)

    Monday Moving htis whole meal ot Friday as I am making curry as I type. Fish, brown rice pilaf, steamed Vegetables
    Tuesday-Pulled Chicken with BBQ, rolls, baked sweet potatoes
    Wednesday-Spaghetti and meat sauce (me-reduced pasta, more steamed vegetables)
    Thursday-Home made buffalo chicken strips, steamed vegetables, oven fries
    Friday- Swap this with Monday-Vegetarian Curry, white Rice (extra steamed carrots for me)

    Leftovers for DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are closed to retirement than Sam and Cheapchick so I understand the big gulps when you are counting down accruing revenue vs. living off accrued funds. I figure we have 2 more years and I am already gulping!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.