Monday, December 8, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Lot of Shopping Week" Edition......


I feel like I was in the car or in a store the bulk of last week rather than being home.
 
 
Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--

1.  Turkey Day Leftovers
2.  Salmon, Mac & Cheese leftovers, Brussels Sprouts
3.  Leftovers
4.  Leftovers or Fend for Yourself
5.  Quiche, Tossed Salad
6.  Pork Chops, Sugar Snap Peas, leftover assorted Turkey Day sides
7.  Leftovers
 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Turkey Day Leftovers
2.  Salmon, Mac & Cheese leftovers, Brussels Sprouts
3.  Leftovers (Hubs not home for dinner)
4.  Leftovers or Fend for Yourself(Hubs not home for dinner)
5.  Leftover Stroganoff
6.  Pizza, Salad
7.  Leftovers

 
I bought a cheap pizza at Weis(on sale and had coupons) and we had leftovers for 1 more night than I thought(because Hubs was out of town)so the Chops and Quiche didn't happen.  Those meals move to this week's menu.
    
Last week I made 6  trips to 3 different markets and spent $93.58 on $318.93 worth of groceries.
3 trips to Weis last week for .67¢ pasta, cheap coffee for $2.34 a pack and Chex cereal for $1.15 a box(with sales and Qs)and multiple packs of those Dogfish Head Brats for $2.99 a pack, among other deals. 2 trips to Kmart for cheap toiletries and Ziplocs and 1 trip to the local market for cheap PowerAde Zero drinks.

I also did 7 transactions at Rite-Aid, where I spent $1.09 on $283.70 of items there for the week.

Going into this week, in leftovers we have........1 Sweet Potato, 2 pieces of pizza, a small portion of Mac & Cheese and some Coleslaw.

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Turkey Day Leftovers
2.  Fish, Leftover Coleslaw, Collards
3.  Chicken Parm, Salad, Spaghetti(for Hubs)
4.  Meatloaf, leftover Man & Cheese, leftover Collards
5.  Quiche, Tossed Salad
6.  Pork Chops, Sugar Snap Peas, Sweet Potato leftovers
7.  Leftovers or Fend for Yourself Night
 
 
What I need to buy for this menu.........nothing.  I bought ground beef, chicken, collards and salad greens last week or yesterday.
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
 

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I am still not going to cook anything, not until I get water! However, I do have a ham thawing, frozen, cooked corn from this summer, one bag of cole slaw to make, fruits, nuts, tomatoes, frozen and cooked chicken breasts.

    Wednesday when exbf is here, I have free coupons for chic-fil-A and the church dinner is that night.

    Blog friends drove four hours to get here and help me with dishes and junk I cannot remove from the house. So, no cooking! There is nothing on sale that I need or use. New ads are on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm fudge! Actually I've been eating fudge today. I've got a pan in the garage fridge and pulling out a piece whenever I remember it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED some fudge! I will have to make some. I only like homemade. Just can't get store bought that is as good.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.