Monday, November 24, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table



The "Holiday Candy/Treats found in the Stores" Edition..........

 Apple M&M's?

Holiday flavors of Jelly Beans?


Mike & Ike Minion flavors?

Hmmmm......anybody out there ever try any of these weird things?
 

 
 
Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--

1.  Zuke Casserole
2.  Chicken & Dumplings(leftover)
3.  Lasagna or Ravioli(leftover)
4.  Zuke in Tomato Sauce, Kielbasa on rolls
5.  Trout, leftover Zuke Casserole
6.  Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Brussel Sprouts
7.  Leftovers

 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Zuke Casserole
2.  Chicken & Dumplings(leftover)
3.  Ravioli(leftover)
4.  Chicken & Dumplings(again)
5.  Kielbasa on Rolls, Zuke Casserole(leftover)
6.  Lasagna(leftover)
7.  Fend for Yourself Night
 
We stretched out the leftovers over more meals than I had thought it would stretch, so the Stroganoff and Trout didn't happen.
    
Last week I made 9(!!!) trips to 5 different markets and spent $236.19 on $469.17 worth of groceries.
This includes what was spent at Target & Ollie's the week before since I forgot to include that.


I also did 2 transactions at Rite-Aid where I spent $1.87 on $56.71 of items there for the week.

Sit down for this one........
$537.46  total spent for the month so far in November including Rite-Aid spending.  My budget was $350 for November so yeah, it was a bust this month.
I've only spent $4,600.00 for the year so far on groceries.  Considering how well we eat I'm not going to beat myself up over a splurge month!

I have a $10 gift certificate/voucher to spend by Saturday at the local market so I'll try to spend as close to $10 as possible this week.  Goodness knows we don't NEED anything in the way of food right now! lolz

Going into this week, in leftovers we have........just some zuke casserole.  The plan was to use up most everything and clean out the fridge so I could fit a turkey in there.

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Spaghetti and Meatballs(in freezer)
2.  Trout, Zuke Casserole(leftover)
3.  Chinese take-out
4.  Mac & Cheese with Ham, Broccoli
5.  Turkey Day Meal
6.  Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Brussel Sprouts
7.  Leftovers

#2 Son is coming home for Thanksgiving Break so even though I'd like to not have to cook all week(isn't a Thanksgiving Fest ENOUGH!?!), I'll make a couple of his favorite meals for him before we send him packing back to school.
 
What I need to buy for this menu.........nothing.  I'll see what is on sale this week and spend that $10 voucher on things I can add to the stockpile.
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
How much did you spend on food so far in November?
 

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Anything I don't have to cook. Thanksgiving Day?--hotdog in the microwave! I refuse to attempt to cook without water. Besides, all my dishes and pots and pans are dirty...lol. No, not lazy, just physically not up to it! Is that RiteAid candy?

    Celery is $0.69/head, so I am dehydrating that right now. Pineapples are $0.99. There are other deals that I cannot remember. I have spent about $100 this month, maybe less.

    Well,I better go. I need to put those hotdogs out to thaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just give ourselves $1000 a month for food and then we will look like we are awesome budgeters. We will come in way under, well most months.LOL
    I spent $200+ last week on groceries and I have been slowly buying canned goods fr Thanksgivng for weeks. But I did buy enough for 2 weeks of groceries and the feast. SO I'm hoping that I will go into December and be ahead on the food front. Yeah right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are we EVER really ahead?
      Ya think you've got everything covered and BAM!, the back end drops out on you.
      It's always something......

      Delete
  3. We have apparently spent way less than usual as I did not have enough point on my Kroger card from last month to get a discount on even one tank of gas. I don't know how we managed that. And we have not had to buy much gas, as Hubby has been staying home. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.