Sunday, November 16, 2014

Rite-Aid This Week


I went out early this morning as the forecast is calling for bad stuff later.
Here are the goodies from Rite-Aid---


1 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$2.99
1 x Colgate mouthwash on sale=$2.99
1 x Aleve PM w/20% Wellness discount=$5.43
1 x Mucinex tea meds on sale $6.99 but 20% Wellness disc. better=$6.23*
SubTotal......$17.64

Coupons Used
1 x $1/1 Colgate toothpaste ManuQ(inserts last week)=$1.00
1 x .75/1 Colgate toothpaste IPQ(HERE )=$.75
1 x $2/1 Aleve item IPQ(coupons dotcom)=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Aleve item VideoValuesQ=$1.00
1 x $6.99/1 In-Ad Mucinex tea Q=$6.99
Coupon Total......$11.74

$17.64-$11.74=$5.90 + .08¢tax=$5.98
I used $5 in +Up Rewards and paid .98¢ OOP.
I received back $6 in new +Up Rewards(2 x $2 Colgate, $2 Aleve).

*The Mucinex threw me a curveball since my 20% Wellness discount is better than the sale price of $6.99.
The In-ad Q still rang up and took off $6.99 instead of the $6.23 I paid.  I was prepared to pay $6.66(+tax), using $6 in +Ups instead of the $5 I used.  This meant my OOP was about 30¢ more than I thought but I didn't use $1 in +Ups.
Everything worked out ok anyway.

My +Ups don't expire now until November 29 or 30th so I am good going into the Black Friday sales days.

Here is my BF sale plan for Thursday of the sale---

2 x Planters nuts gift pack.  It's $5.99 on sale, gives a $3 +Ups but I have my rain check from last Christmas(they never got anymore back in stock after they sold out that weekend).  The RC lets me purchase 2 gift sets for $2.99 each.  But if I wait and use it during the BF sale I'll get $3 +Ups back too, meaning I'll spend $5.98 and get back $6 in +Ups for 2, essentially paying nothing for them. Unfortunately unless you got a rain check for this item last year you can't duplicate this one.

1 x GE light bulb for $3.99, giving a $3.99 +Ups.
1 x Philips ear buds for $6.00, giving a $6 +Ups.
1 x Vaseline lotion on sale $2.99, giving a $2 +Ups.  I have a $2 Hangtag Q for this so spending .99¢, get $2 +Ups back.
1 x Listerine floss on sale $2.99.  I have a $1/1 IPQ(coupons dotcom)so I'll pay $1.99 and it gives a $2 +Ups back.

Total spending of $18.95......I'll use my $18 in +Ups and pay .95¢(plus any tax)OOP.
I'll receive back $19.99 in new +Up Rewards(2 x $3 Planters, $3.99 GE, $6 Philips, 2 x $2 Vaseline and Listerine).

And remember---Get RAIN CHECKS on all the freebies if they are out of them and they are things you can use.   Rain checks for items that give back amounts equal to what you pay for them means FREE items when they come back in stock.

Sluggy


 

6 comments:

  1. Colgate and Aleve PM always on my list!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Motrin PM stuff so thought I'd try the Aleve PM one too since it was free. lol

      Delete
  2. Do you stockpile all of this stuff or does it get used up? It's interesting how you go about all of this but it does bring to mind is everything you are buying items you use or is some of it "stuff" to get a discount, +UP, etc.
    Kudos for the strategies and savings it's been interesting to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do stockpile when stuff is a rock bottom price....that goes for food as well as toiletries, paper goods but only stuff we use.
      I only buy what will get used. If not by me, Hubs and #2 Son, then by #1 Son and Daughter who live on their own now. I also give away things locally or through my blog giveaways.
      The having to buy "filler" items when doing Walgreens Deals drives me crazy so I no longer shop there.

      I buy gift cards(especially to give at the Holidays)so why not buy them at R-A since I get a bonus of $5 in +Up Rewards script?

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I am going to see what I can do at RA tomorrow or one day this week. My CVS shopping turned out okay, seeing that it is for gifts and I didn't have a cushion of Extra Bucks built up. I know you like RA, but is there a problem/downside with CVS deals? You did say you had to buy fillers at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do only 1 drugstore because having to keep abreast of all 3 of them is undoable for me. R-A is in my town, closest so I do that one. CVS is ok but not right in town. I use to do Wags but I detest having to buy fillers and I never seemed to get as good a deal there. But you do what works for you.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.