Friday, November 28, 2014

Post Holiday Happenings

Well Thanksgiving Day has come and gone.
It was a nice, quiet, small gathering.

After packing off leftovers with the brother in-law there is still a scandalous amount of food here!
College Boy(previously known as #2 Son)will be dispatched back to school with a fair amount of what is leftover from the Turkey Bacchanal.

I am also baking treats for him today to accompany him back to school as well.  The child sometimes gets too busy and forgets to go to the dining hall in time and has been subsisting on bagels at Einstein Brothers as they take the school's dining ticket.
Most freshman gain 10-20 lbs.  Mine has lost as much so far this semester.
So he will be lousy with cookies and banana bread until he comes home next month at semester's end.

He is also dead broke and has spent his last cent at school.  He's got work at the bakery while he is home in Dec./Jan. and perhaps he'll be more careful with what he earns then.

I was a good little slug and ate a modest amount of the feast including just one piece of pie(heavy on the whipped cream however).  No second helpings of anything!   8-)

Tonight will be an encore of our feast so no complaints out of the family on that score.

I only left the house to do some banking and 2 trips to Rite-Aid (1 yesterday and 1 today).  There will be another trip to Rite-Aid on Saturday for more freebies.
I did 2 bits of online shopping this morning and might imbibe of some more cyber shopping on Monday.

I went to take photos of the Rite-Aid hauls and discovered my battery needed charging.
This is when I discovered I have lost my charger!
Ugh.
The battery can't be charged via a cord while in the camera either.  Of course not, I have PLENTY of cords! lolz
It's a special doohickey that plugs into the wall that holds the battery and it's gone missing.
So there will be no more photos on the blog until such time as a replacement arrives in the mail.
Double Ugh.

Two days ago our dog took a turn for the worst. Our beagle is not long for this world due to her hind legs not working. This is an issue that has been coming.  She has a vet appointment tomorrow morning and we fear we will receive the news that short of extensive surgery which is not in our financial realm there is nothing they can do and she will have to take the Big Sleep.



So if I don't post for awhile it's because we've lost our last doggie and I am just not up to writing right now.


Sluggy

17 comments:

  1. O sluggy I feel bad about the dog. That will be so hard. I have not been to Rite-aid yet as there is no right aid in Twin Falls. Can you call me at my home phone 208-746-8103 with an address so I may mail you a check for our buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandson kept missing breakfast and had to go to class without eating. My daughter told me he just went to the store and bought something easy to eat in the room for breakfast--Rice Krispy bars. ugh

    Good for you for only eating one helping. I would have eaten one helping at the meal and then another later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for your doggie :(.

    for you {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your doggie. They are such a huge part of the family. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your dog, it is so tough when pets, like human relatives get infirm. It hurts just as much with the furry members of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fear my boy is losing weight, too. And when you start at 120 pounds soaking wet, you can't afford that. I try to feed him!

    I am looking for a charger for the radio. I can't figure out what might have happened to it - the boy and I have scoured the place...ARGH! I will build a new one.

    I am sooo sorry to hear about your pup (they're always pups). My first dog's back legs went - turned out to be liver cancer. Fortunately he went peacefully. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sluggy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its hard to think about doggie heaven. SO sorry, my dear cousin.
    DJ too, looks like he is starving. Anna started calling him string bean and that is hard to believe since he was always a bit on the pudgy side. Nothing wrong with some pudge, I have more than my fair share especially after Thanksgiving/.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sluggy - I'm a friend of Practical Parsimony and wandered over from there tonight. I am SO very sorry. I lost my black lab Barkley this year right when I lost my only brother. I still grieve. I wrote a book about that experience. It's helped some people with the healing. When you are ready, and if you would like, drop me a "do not post" with your address and I'll send you a free copy, Barkley would have liked that. Prayers for you in the coming days with your furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my heart is breaking for you and your pupper. I know that sadness all too well. I actually never thought I'd get past it and never thought I'd ever get another dog again, but here we are with Zoey. Although I offer to adopt her out every chance I get (lol), she really is a sweetie and she helped me to forget the pain of losing Coco, while at the same time she reminds me of her in many ways every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your poor Beagle...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about your cute doggie. :-( Sending you all the best wishes.

    Sounds like you had a fabulous holiday with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heartfelt thoughts/wishes are with you at this time Sluggy.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had dogs all my life, so I know what you are going through. Oh the sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you all had I nice Thanksgiving. Sorry about your doggy. It is tough to think of having to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your pup. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh Sluggy, so sorry to hear your doggy isn't doing well, it's like losing a member of the family. I hated that I didn't get to say goodbye to my 20 year old cat in September. They had good lives. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.