Sunday, November 30, 2014

3 Day BF Rite-Aid Sale Results

Ok, so I was going to post what I bought at Rite-Aid each day of the Black Friday 3 Day Sale but my camera is dead until the battery charger gets here later this week.

So I drug everything purchased out onto the kitchen table Saturday night and asked Hubs to take 1 photo of it all with his Blackberry.

Here is the result of rolling +Up Rewards for three days........sorry for the less than stellar picture quality......


4 x Doritos $1.97 a bag gave $1 +Ups(cost .97¢ each)
4 x Staxx chips 2/$3 gave $3 +Ups (freebie)
4 x Planters nuts sets with Rain Check $2.99 ea. gave $3+Ups each(.01¢ moneymaker)
1 x J. Watkins lotion $5.99 gave $5.99 +Ups(freebie)
2 x GE light bulbs $3.99 ea. gave $3.99 +Ups(freebie)
2 x Hershey chocolate boxes $3.99 ea. gave $2 +Ups each(after $2/$6 purchase Q these were .99¢ each)
2 x Listerine floss $2.99 ea. gave $2 +Ups(after 2 x $1/1 Q were .01¢ moneymaker each)
2 x Gift Tape 2/$2 gave $2 +Ups(freebie)
3 x Toothbrushes .80¢ ea. gave $1 +Ups each(.20¢ moneymakers)
2 x Colgate toothpaste $3.50 ea. gave $3 +Ups(after $1/2 Q freebies)
2 x Philips ear buds $5.59 ea. gave $6 +Ups(.41¢ moneymakers)
1 x RA cough drops $1.27(wellness disc.) gave $1.49 +Ups(.22¢ moneymaker)
3 x Cotton Swabs .99¢ ea. gave .99¢ +Ups(freebie)
3 x Nivea lotion tin .59¢ ea. gave .59¢ +Ups(freebie)

35 items.
OOP spent $6.41
Regular retail of $168.48
A 96% savings rate.
And I have $40.15 in Up Rewards to roll going forward.

There was too much to buy to roll fully since I only started Friday with $21 in +Up Rewards and there was more I wanted than I had +Ups to pay for.
So on Friday I bought a $50 Home Despot gift card(using home improvement/maintenance funds)and got a "free" $10 in +Ups to use on Saturday.
Then I bought another $50 Home Despot gift card on Saturday because it is something we can use and it gave me another $10 in "free" +Ups.  I didn't plan this well though as I should have bought the gift cards on Thursday and/or Friday so I could use them both during this sale to roll.
Oh well.
Nobody is perfect.  '-)

If I hadn't bought the Doritos for College Boy my OOP would have only been $2.53 for the rest of this stuff.
That boy cost me $3.88....the nerve, huh?! ;-)

I also have a stack of 20 rain checks for stuff they ran out of, for various Wellness cards.

I think I got enough and besides 2 grocery stores,  Rite-Aid is the only store I went to this past weekend.

Sluggy






 

2 comments:

  1. I did really well also, but do not have the patience you do to post. My clerk was amazed with me on Saturday, I came in and bought as ton of stuff, many of the same items you did. I paid 6.36 OOP and then left with over 39.00 in ups, however I really see nothing I need in the next week and refuse to buy any more dental, poo or candy. Walgreens I have 40000 points so a $50.00 card and 28.00 worth of register rewards and again I want nothing in their circular. So..... I will see.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.