Monday, August 19, 2013

When In Rome.......aka When In Tennessee

Y'all know the old saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans.".
I like to follow that advice so when I travel to other states, I eat and shop like the natives.

Yesterday our version of the saying went like....."When in Tennessee, Drink like a Tennessean".

Having spent most of Monday in Tennessee traveling east to Virginia, we made a few stops to shop.......for adult beverages.

Here is what we cracked open this evening back at the hotel room.....

 Hubs had some George Dickel Tennessee sipping Whisky.
Their motto is...."If you know Jack, you don't know Dickel."
One of their mixed drink ideas is called the "STIFF DICKEL".

Don't even GO there people...... ;-)



And my choice was from a bit further north from Tennessee.....
Kentucky made "Cinerator"  hot cinnamon flavored Whiskey.
91.1% proof.

I've had about an ounce so far and it's already taken me 20 minutes to type and retype this post.
Where the heck is spellcheck when I need it??

And my taste buds are on fire.......but in a good way.

I'll be falling into bed shortly if I don't hit the floor first.
I dare you to put a shot of this into your Cranberry and Amaretto concoctions Sonya Ann.

Sluggy-who will sleep soundly tonight!
 

5 comments:

  1. Tipsy typing must be like my sleep typing.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. So funny. Sounds interesting, but I'm not much of an alcohol person. Hope the sound sleep isn't interrupted by headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell NO! Stuff like that scares me. We may need an intervention with you. Sober up! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.