Friday, August 2, 2013

JULY 2013 Budget Results.....Food & Toiletries Spending


 

Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for JULY 2013.

I have posted July's totals on the right side bar under Total Grocery Savings for 2013 and updated the Yearly Totals.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in July.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Summary.

My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 5(3-4+ at home this month)& 2 dogs. No kids under 17.
******************

BIG LOTS
OOP  $16.72
Value  $28.63
Savings  41.60%

BREAD OUTLET
OOP  $10.00
Value  $33.43
Savings  70.08%

MAINE SOURCE(restaurant supply)
OOP  $35.20
Value  $61.22
Savings  26.02 %

PRODUCE STAND
OOP  $10.00
Value  $12.00
Savings  16.66%
 
SHURSAVE STORES(small local independent affiliated stores)
OOP  $72.48
Qs/Ads  $42.51
Value  $114.99
Savings  36.96%

SURPLUS OUTLET
OOP  $66.72
Value  $133.62
Savings  50.07%

WEGMAN'S
OOP  $46.47
Qs/Ads  $19.40
Value  $65.87
Savings  29.45%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $100.27
Qs/Ads  $75.06
Value  $175.33
Savings  42.81%

I am no longer adding my rebates received into my food budget directly. I will use them on food on occasion and will note that when used.  I will keep track of rebates/gift cards/certs received here as before however.

REBATE CHECKS RECEIVED IN July.....$35.00
GIFT CARDS and CERTIFICATES....$0
TOTAL Value of Cash/Store Checks/Gift Card Rebates Received...$35.00

COUPONS and FREEBIES
Zero

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were the Bread Outlet 70.08%, Surplus Outlet at 50.07%, Weis at 42.81%.  I food/toiletries shopped at 8 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket........$357.86
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$267.23
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$625.09
TOTAL Savings of...................................42.75%

This closes out the July food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....

I went into July with $400 budgeted for food/toiletries for the month.  Ended the month $42.14 leftover.  It's a good thing I reconsidered lowering the food budget to $300 in July, huh?  Otherwise I would have been in the red.  ;-)

While I didn't stock up on any meats(other than some chicken)or frozen items, due to not having a big freezer at the moment(let's NOT get into all that again right now tho!lol), I did do some stocking up on shelf stable items like no salt ketchup, canned tomatoes, etc.
I did NO Rite-Aid shopping last month again.  We are still good on the whole range of toiletry items.
The garbage bag supply is dwindling so I did pick up a couple boxes of those in June at the Surplus Outlet as they were a good price.
 
Looking ahead to August---We are going to have company at the house, which will necessitate a little more food purchasing.  Then we have our road trip later this month which means about 10 days of eating will go onto the Entertainment/Vacation budget instead of the Food budget.  With all that in mind, I am going to reduce the Food budget to $300 for August and shift the last $100 of the $400 I usually spend into the Entertainment budget.  This will give us a little extra money cushion for the Road Trip of Summer 2013 and who doesn't want a little extra spending money on vacation? 8-))

 
And here is the run down of my Food & Toiletries Spending for 2013 so far--
 
2013 Total Saved $1,830.11

2013 Yearly Total Value of Items  $4,395.53

2013 Yearly Total Spent $2,565.42

2013 Yearly Savings Total of  41.63%
 
In July, total savings percentage for the year has gone UP .18% over June's total of 41.45%.  So we saw a slight increase in our savings rate on food/toiletries spending for the year.
We are holding steady in the 40%s.
Works for me! 8-)
 
How much did you spend on food in July?
 
Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I spent about $180 in total, which was about $40 over what I had budgeted. Can't blame it all on the vacation, but part of it was. Also, moving and having to restock a pantry after exhausting everything. I still don't have much of a pantry built up, but hopefully I get to that mid August. Great saving rates, by the way! I've been doing poorly with sales, as I've been shopping so infrequently that I only get what I need when I need it with little planning in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was our lowest month since we've been tracking - $480! I'm super excited. :-) I'm not sure what to expect for August. We shouldn't be buying much but milk & produce for our house in Washington, but depending on when we arrive in temporary housing in California, we'll be doing a *full* stock up, which is a little scary.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.