Sunday, December 23, 2012

Out & About on Saturday


Hubs and I went out Saturday....he had Christmas shopping to do(he drives me nuts waiting until the last minute!) and I had a Fashion Bug gift card to use up since the stores are going out of business.  I wanted to get into that store before everything good got bought up.  I found a couple of things and used up my gift card and waited in the car for Hubs to emerge from Walmart.  No way I was setting foot in Walmart during the weekend before Christmas! lol

Then we hit the bread store to stock up on bread products since I haven't been back since Nov. 24th.  I may have gone overboard with the Holidays here, buying things like doughnuts, cakes, Stollen too.....I LOVE Entenmann's Stollen!
$22 later and 7 loaves of bread, 3 packages of rolls, 2 Stollen, 2 packages doughnuts, 1 cheesecake, 1 pecan danish ring and 2 cheese buns, we left the store.
This should get us through the rest of December AND well into January.

I had to pick up 2 prescriptions at Rite-Aid too, so while I was in the store, I "bought" a couple of other things......


3 x Pretty Woman Magnetix Nail Polish clearanced colors $1.99=$5.97
1 x Cepacol drops on sale=$3.99
1 x Russel Stover large box of Candy on sale=$8.99
1 x Cella cherry w/Gold discount=$.26
SubTotal....$19.21

Coupons Used
1 x $1/1 Cepacol IPQ=$1.00
1 x $3/1 Rite-Aid Cepacol FacebookQ=$3.00
Coupon Total.....$4.00

$19.21-$4.00=$15.21+.06¢ tax=$15.27
I used $15 in +Up Rewards and put the .27¢ on my gift card.

I received back $5 in +Up Rewards($2 Cepacol, $3 Russell Stover big box of candy).
I can submit for SCRebate #3--$6 wyb 3 Pretty Woman Magnetix nail polish (Limit 2 rebates).
I "spent" $15 in +Ups  and got back $5 in +Ups and $6  in +Ups converted to cash, meaning this transaction "cost" me $4.
The Cepacol was a $2.01 moneymaker, the Magnetix polish was a .03¢ moneymaker and the RS Candy box cost me $5.99 after sale/+Ups.

This trip to Rite-Aid--
OOP....$0.00
Value of items.....$47.58
+Ups coming into this trip....$63.00
+Ups used....$15.00
+Ups earned......$5.00
+Ups at the end.....$53.00
SCR earned....$6.00

*And here are my MONTHLY TOTALS*
 
GRAND TOTALS FOR DECEMBER so far.......

Out Of Pocket....$0.00  cash
Value of items bought.....$685.87
Savings Rate of  100%
Single Check Rebate due....$14.00
Other Rebates due......$3.00
After SCR applied, Out of Pocket.... $0.00
Savings Rate.....102.48 %

+Ups at beginning of month...$47.00+
+Ups used....$230.00+
+Ups received...$236.00+
+Ups currently...$53.00+    




The Oldest son arrived home safely late afternoon on Saturday.
And my Holiday miracle--an item I ordered in November from overseas arrived BEFORE Christmas!  I had given up hope on it getting here in time for present unwrapping time.
It's wrapped up and under the tree.

Now I am one contented mama.

And we got a light dusting of snow which made the snow-crazed beagle happy.....

I actually got a shot of her standing still for once.  Usually when she sees snow, she's jumping all over the place or rolling around on her back in it. 
Silly dog.....



 And I still don't know what I'm cooking for Christmas dinner......sigh.....



Sluggy




1 comment:

  1. I cannot find even a single Cella chocolate covered cherry in this town. Granted, I have not searched every service station, but I have covered lots of territory. I don't need them anyway, but that's no consolation. CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens are Cella-free zones.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.