Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Food Spending NOVEMBER Week 4, Meal Planning DECEMBER Week 1



Just looking at this picture makes my taste buds tingle with delight!
This is the Holy Grail of Soups for me.
And I can't find a restaurant that serves it that is any closer than 2.5 hours away from where I live.
Yet another reason to detest living here......
Some day I'll talk about how I obsess over this soup.

***********************************

And here is what actually got served last week....

Sunday--Tacos
Monday--Leftovers
Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green Beans
Wednesday--Chicken and Dumplings
Thursday--Pork Chops with Apricot Glaze, Mashed Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes, Beets
Friday--Pizza, Salad
Saturday--Leftovers
Yes, we pretty much ate every meal I planned but we may not have had them on the designated day.
So sue me.

The food spending last week was 1 trip to Price Chopper that cost me $32.39 for $68.35 reg. retail worth of goods. 
Some of these were really good deals.  There was a $5 off when you spend $20 on PC house brands and I got 2 dozen eggs, 4lbs. butter, 2 cartons OJ, 2 bottles of Tartar Sauce and 3 rolls of 'whack' biscuits
for $13.47.  The juice and eggs were on sale and I had .55¢/1 Qs for the butter(making each lb. $1.74 in addition to the $5 off $20 Q).
The yogurts all had instant dairy discount stickers on them so the Chobanis were .24¢ ea. and the quart of Mountain High left the store with me and PC paid me .26¢ to take it home!
Now THAT'S my kind of shopping. 8-)
Even the frozen pizzas were a deal.  We are in love with these Freschetta Sea Salt and Olive Oil pizzas.  I'd rather had a homemade pizza but for some reason we can't get enough of this frozen one.  They must put crack in it or something. ;-)
PC had them for $4.99 and I had .75¢/1 Qs and my PC now doubles FULLY up to .99¢, so they doubled to $1.50, making my pizzas $3.49 each!

I finished November spending $368.57 of our $400 food budget.


***********************

Going into this week, I have leftover Taco Beef(a little bit), some meatballs, some stuffing.  I also have a large container of ricotta cheese that needs using.  I had hoped to make cannoli but I don't think that will be happening.  I'll need to find a recipe for something else or make more stuffed shells to put into the freezer for later.

This week's menu....

Sunday--Everyone was sick but Hubs, he had soup and sammie
Monday--Lasagna Casserole, Salad
Tuesday--Chicken and Gravy over Fried Stuffing, Cali blend Veggies
Wednesday--Rigatoni and Meat Sauce, Caesar Salad
Thursday--Tuna Sub Sandwiches
Friday--Going Out for Dinner....woohoo!
Saturday--Leftovers or Breakfast for Dinner

This week I need to use up the stuffing or throw it into the freezer.  I'll pan saute some chicken breast, then put a crust on slices of stuffing and place the chicken and gravy over that on Tuesday. Getting inventive here!lol 
I'll break up the meatballs and use the taco beef for my meat sauce on Wednesday.

What I need to buy for this menu?
Salad Greens.  Everything else is on hand.
I'll be doing some shopping ahead this week....bagels, clementines, green chiles, cream cheese, sour cream, pasta, more OJ, some canned pumpkin(since it's on sale now), some cheese, etc.
I spent $35 already on Monday and plan on spending another $60 or so more this week.  I'm trying to keep it under $100 total for the week.

What are your menu plans for this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. This soup looks delicious! You did great on your November budget. We will use our crockpot quite a bit this week - it's a busy week ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena. I'm glad I stayed under budget for once. I seem to be going over lately. bleh.

      Crockpots are great, aren't they? ;-)

      Delete
  2. That soup looks awesome. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanner, it's called Sizzling Rice with Shrimp Soup. I could eat it every day/every meal and never tire of it.

      The closest place that makes/serves it to me in outside of Philly! I should make Judy come visit me and bring me a couple of VATS of it!lol

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.