Monday, December 10, 2012

Food Spending DECEMBER Week 1, Meal Planning Week 2


This nifty little gadget gives a whole new meaning to the term "Guitar Shredding".

***********************************

And here is what actually got served last week.... 

Sunday--Everyone was sick but Hubs, he had soup and sammie
Monday--Lasagna Casserole, Salad
Tuesday--Chicken and Gravy over Fried Stuffing, Cali blend Veggies
Wednesday--Leftovers
Thursday--Tuna Sub Sandwiches
Friday--Going Out for Dinner....woohoo!
Saturday--Breakfast for Dinner
Yes, we pretty much ate every meal I planned(except for the Rigatoni which moves to this week's plan) but we may not have had them on the designated day above.
The food spending last week was massive.  $110.48 in 3 trips to the local grocery stores and throw in that stock-up trip to Ollie's for olive oil and other sundries at $54.90 and I blew through $165.38 of the month's food budget. 

***********************

Going into this week, I have leftover Lasagna Casserole to use up.  I'll take care of that for lunch one day.

This week's menu....
Sunday--Rigatoni w/Meat Sauce, Salad
Monday--Chicken Parmesan, Mashed Potatoes, Beets
Tuesday--Halushki and/or Leftovers
Wednesday--Salmon, Coleslaw, Green Beans
Thursday--Hot Dogs, Beans, Potato Salad
Friday--Beef Pie with carrots, green beans and cornbread
Saturday--Leftovers or Breakfast for Dinner
Last week was crazy here because of the school musical and Daughter finishing her college classes.
This week will be crazy here because of rehearsals for jazz and concert bands, music lesson, college finals and my own personal eBay Hell.  The evening schedules aren't conducive to having everyone sitting at the dinner table at the same time.  I've planned accordingly by having 3 casserole type meals that can be eaten whenever, 2 meals that can be made quickly by whomever is hungry.  The salmon night will be whichever night we can get everyone to eat together since reheating fish isn't how you want to eat it. 
I'll be glad when all this extra busyness is done and we can go back to the normal level of insanity in our home. ;-)

What I need to buy for this menu?
Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots(I think?).  Everything else is on hand.
A quick glance at the ads and there isn't much I want this week other than what is needed for the menu.  Daughter will be spending about $15 on lunch items to take to work.  I hope to get by this week spending $30 or less.

What are your menu plans for this week?

Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. That looks like one of those presents for office Secret Santa... beef pie and cornbread definitely sounds like a great idea for a winter meal, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanner, Beef Pie is my southern take on Shepherd's Pie. Instead of mashed potatoes on top, cornbread! ;-)

      Delete
    2. That sounds better than I was thinking. Yum.

      Delete
  2. I posted my menu, but heck I may reconsider as your gravy and fried stuffing sounds absolutely delicious! :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I think the spirit of Paula Deen was in control of my body on that one. Either that or I had a genius thought....how do you get people to eat something you can't get rid of?....deep fry it!!LOLOL

      Delete
  3. lol! I want to shred a guitar!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather shred the cheese but have at it with the guitar!lol

      Delete
  4. I made a three cheese chicken penne florentine tonight to use up all of the vegetables lingering in the fridge. It was delicious. Rest of the week will be eating through our freezer stash + a birthday party, homemade pizza night, & the kid favorite . . . tacos. If it were up to the boys, we'd be having tacos every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, if #2 Son planned our meals, we'd be dining on Tacos 4 nights a week. lol

      Delete
  5. I too am longing for the days that are our normal insanity. UGH.
    I need to get cookie stuff so this is going to be a painful week at the store. I don't count it in the grocery bill but still, it hurts. Oh and of course, I have a cookie fund set up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Menu planning is on my "to do" list for today... I still haven't done it however and really should. lol! I don't want to grocery shop until i've done it. So i'm going to hold myself to that. Wish me luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.