Saturday, July 25, 2009

Spending my OYNO CATS at KMart

I just had to go to KMart this week.
The reason?
I had a handful of OYNO Cats to spend from buying lots of Unilever items during the Double Coupons Event a couple of weeks ago. They were all expiring this week.
Can't let MONEY expire now, can we?

The crazy rules at KMart however are that you can ONLY use ONE OYNO Catalina per Transaction. So, I had to group items into Eight Transactions, as I had 8 Cats of various values.
KMart also makes you pay the Sales Tax on the full value of the items you purchase, even if your coupons bring that purchase cost down to Zero, so unless you just buy food or clothing at KMart in PA, you are going to pay sales tax.

I shopped the clearance and sale items to maximize savings and here's what I got for almost free......

2 packages of Joe Boxer Socks-only 1 pictured. #2 son needed socks. Socks were on sale. $3.50 ea.=$7.00

5 bottles of Elmer's Glue .20¢ ea.=$1.00

1 Mandoline Slicer on clearance $10.00

1 Purse on clearance $12.00

Towels for #1 son for college. Something he needed and they were on clearance. #2 son picked out this 'manly' color-black!lol 2 Bath Sheets/1 Face Towel/2 Washcloths=$23.00

1 box of Canning lids=$2.49 The only NOT ON SALE purchase. I'll be needing these very soon.

SubTotal $55.49
Tax $2.91
Total $58.40

Subtract $53 in OYNO Catalinas (3x $14, 3x $3, 2x $1)

Grand Total $5.40OOP ($2.91 of that was tax)

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.