Monday, August 26, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table




Still struggling physically here.  I am back on the walker and can't write.  But at least my hand doesn't shake. 8-(

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Mushroom Risotto, Yellow Squash
2. Monday--Out to Eat
3. Tuesday--Shrimp, leftover Broccoli Slaw, Mac and Cheese(for Hubs)
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Salad
5. Thursday--No Clue maybe Salmon
6. Friday--No Clue  maybe Beef something
7. Saturday--No Clue  maybe leftovers

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--Mushroom Risotto, Yellow Squash
2. Monday--Out to Eat(Chinese)
3. Tuesday--Power Went Out Again so Zaxby's Zalad
4. Wednesday--Shrimp, leftover Broccoli Slaw, Mac and Cheese(for Hubs)
5. Thursday--Salad and Pizza(I had salad and 1 slice of pizza)
6. Friday--Leftovers(I had green beans and Hummus with pita chips)
7. Saturday--Catfish, Broccoli Slaw, leftover Squash

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
* Shrimp
* Pizza
* Catfish

What got put into the freezer last week....
* 1 Pizza
* 1 Pork Shoulder
                    
Last week we spent $96.86 grocery shopping.  

Total shopping comes to $358.48 for August.   There are 5 shopping days left in August.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $248.79 on Ibotta in August
I've earned 12.50 n Shopmium in August.
I've earned $6.00 on Kroger Cash Back in August(which still hasn't come through).
I've earned 0 on TaDa in August.
I've earned $19.89 on Checkout51 in August.
I've earned $29.24 on Aisle, etc. in August. (Haven't gotten my Nature Valley rebate yet from June.)
I've earned 30,358 points on Fetch from food shopping in August.
I've earned 20,667 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in August.($82.66)
I've earned 2,805 Points on My Points in August.($28.05? not sure what the conversion rate it here)
I've earned 5,700 from food shopping on Swag Bucks in August.($57.00)

That is $310.42 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa/Swag Bucks/The Insiders)on $358.48 of grocery spending so in reality it's $48.06 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending(but I do count any rebates on those items).

My savings percentage for the last week was 54.98% and the monthly savings total for August comes in at 58.84% spent.

Leftovers going into this week...Catfish.

Here is this week's food plan.....
1. Sunday--Portobello Mushroom Parm,(Hubs also had Tuna Noodle Casserole)
2. Monday--Pork BBQ, Coleslaw, Rolls, Corn on Cob
3. Tuesday--Pasta in Meat and Mushroom Sauce, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Anniversary Lunch out
5. Thursday--Chicken Strips, Veggie TBA
6. Friday--Meatloaf, Veggie TBA
7. Saturday--Leftovers

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

3 comments:

  1. Kid has gone into one of his delusional episodes so who knows? Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  2. At publix Coke and Pepsi are b2g2, making them $5 each. Dasani were 2/$9 at The Pig. There were other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At my Mn Walgreens Coke products are 2 12 packs for 9.99 buy 2 get 2 free limit of 8! Haven’t seen that price for ages Jre

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.