Saturday, August 24, 2024

Frugal Friday...the August 23rd Edition on Saturday

There are very few Frugal wins over the past few weeks.

*  Getting my surgery was a big win!  I just hope all these side effects subside and don't hang around.

*  I brought gift cards to VA with me so I could treat my brother and sister in-law to some stuff.  We got Domino's pizza(my brother's fav)and Panera bagels another day.  That's all they were interested in.

*  I did some rebate shopping after getting home....

The Skinny Dipped PB cups were on clearance and I had Ibotta rebates making them .75¢ each  The Truvia and Arm & Hammer detergent where all BOGO.  The Cheese Factory Rolls were on clearance plus I had a $1 off digital coupon.  The 4 yogurts in the back where on clearance for .59¢ each and the 8 in front were on sale and I had Ibotta rebates.


This is what I got at CVS.  We kept the Mini-Wheat(Hubs like)and the Chex Mix bars(I like).  I used my ECBucks and earned more ECBs back.


This bunch we kept the mouthwash, the tuna packets, the 2 liter soda, the 2 Lay's Stax, the pack of razors, the garbage bags(on clearance), the Truvia liquids, the Knorr cups and the Scott paper towels.  The Arm & Hammer laundry packs and the Goodles went back to the store.
The 3 packs of feminine care items, the 2 cereals, the 5 boxes of mac & cheese, the bag of tortilla chips all go to the food bank.  The Axe body spray and the Neutrogena cleanser will be sold(to help pay for the food bank items).


*  I found money!  It was a great few weeks for found coins.  Here is all the change I found in Virginia....


Then last week I found 3 pennies. 
One in the parking lot near the Chinese Restaurant.....

Then another in the parking lot of the new Dollar Tree nearby that we went to check out(I didn't buy anything  but I found a penny there and forgot to take a picture of it).

                                       

Then this penny I found in the parking lot of either the Walmart on Wednesday or the Kroger on Thursday.  I don't remember which it was at.


Total Found 7-14-8/8....$1.78(but I already counted .76¢ of that in my July 19th Post)
Total Found last week.....03¢

Grand Total Found this Year.......$6.96 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got and all I can do right now.

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy     


 



6 comments:

  1. Wow, you did good on the sales and found money. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Aldi yesterday for the fruit sales. Strawberries $1.49, grapes $1.29 and peaches $.99 per pound. Peaches have been really good and the free stone variety lately.

    Budget billing amounts have reset for the year and my energy saving efforts have paid off. Electric is $50 and gas $38 per month for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winn Dixie had a sale on their Campbell’s Chunky Soups of 4 for &8 and receipt said I saved $5.96. Kid eats the clam chowder so I got it. I also got ground beef of 2.13 lbs @$4.79 lb. Receipt says I saved $2.56.BUT, I went to Aldi and got 80 percent lean ground beef for $3.79 lb so it pays to look at the actual price per lb. I prefer the bananas at Winn Dixie bc they seem to be more consistent as far as being decent. They are 58 cents a lb there. Kid wanted Fruity Pebbles. The receipt says the family size there is regular $6.99 and I got it on sale for $3.99. Yes, I know oatmeal, grits, and rice are cheaper but he is autistic and won’t eat those. I will though and usually fix those for myself. Anne in the Kitchen inspired me ( whether she knows it or not…lol) to go get PF Chang Beef and Broccoli and it was on sale for $7.99, regular price $8.49 at Winn Dixie. Kid loved that meal. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well on the shopping deals. I saved 100% at Kohls when I went this week because I bought nothing. lol I went in to find a new bag for work. The only one I kind of liked was on sale for 50.00 and probably wouldn't have lasted a year. Our Kohls has really gone downhill the last few years. Quality is lower and prices are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where in the world did you find all that change in Virginia?? Please explain -- you are my 'found money' hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 quarter was found in my brother's dryer(house rules are if you find money there because you are removing/folding clothes it's fair game), 5 more quarters were at Aldi, and the rest was at Walmart, Kroger or Dollar General(and I don't remember which was where)because those are the only places my brother drove me besides out to eat one night and to the hospital. Those two places I found nothing. Aldi was a bountiful place with lots of people abandoning carts all over the parking lot. 8-)

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.