Saturday, January 18, 2020

Using Up Bonus Cash-There is Light at the End of the Tunnel!

So I hit up R-A on Friday/Saturday to use up a lot of Bonus Cash.

I did this on Daughter's card........it had $3.08 in BC on it.


1 x Caltrate on sale=$6.99
1 x Baby Ruth candy bar on sale=.49¢
SubTotal.......$7.48

I used a $4/1 Caltrate ManuQ so $3.48, $3.08 in BC used and .40¢ on a gift card and Boom! this card has no more BC on it.

I also will earned $4 cash back on Savingstar for buying the Caltrate so a .52¢ moneymaker.

Then I went to do the "Spend $50 on select items/Get $20 Visa gift card Deal" but the return from Tuesday(which I had to call about on Thursday because my BC was NOT put back on my card 2 days later)was still not accounted for with the return of the BC points. sigh.
So I did some of the deal(and called again when I got home about the missing BC)and went in Saturday morning before the snow started.




2 x Kleenex 6 pack on sale=$15.98
2 x Scott big tp on sale=$15.98 *not pictured*
4 x Butterfinger candy bars on sale=$1.96
1 x Micinex DM on sale=$14.99
2 x Altoids on sale=$4.00
SubTotal.......$52.91

Coupons Used
2 x $1/4 Kleenex singles or 1 4 pack ManuQ=$2.00
2 x .50¢/1 Scott tp ManuQ=$1.00
4 x .50¢ Instant Discount Peelie on candy bars=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Mucinex IPQ=$2.00
Coupon Total.........$7.00

$52.91-$7.00=$45.91+$1.05 tax=$46.96 paid for with Bonus Cash.
R-A actually paid me .04¢ to take those Butterfingers home(after sale/instant Q they were -.01 each). ;-)

I earned a $5 Catalina(spend $25 on Kimberley/Clark-Kleenex and Scott products)...........


And the $20 Visa Reward Card code printed on my receipt this morning.....


So I turned $46.72 in BC into a $5 Cat and a $20 Visa debit card that expires the end of June 2020(and can be used anywhere, not just R-A).

Then I bought another Caltrate on Hubs card.....



$6.99-$4 ManuQ=$2.99 paid for with Bonus Cash.  This is something I need and use and I needed to spend the BC down.
I have another $2.24 in BC on Hubs card that has to be used before end of business Monday.
I have $1.06 BC on son's card which doesn't expire until Feb.
I also have $20 on my card which expires end of Jan. so I'll be spending that all down in the next week or two.

This means I am almost divested of ALL of my BC and can take a nice long break from Rite-Aid.
I am just tired of playing the drugstore game and we are full up with toiletries.  8-)))

Sluggy





6 comments:

  1. It does get old, especially when you are trying to find the deals and have to get stuff you won't really use. I bet your food bank loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do great but it does take work to put it all together. The Butterfingers were a no brainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wore out reading about the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy drug store game, we don't have any incentives like that so I am always awestruck how you do these deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where on earth to you store all this hoard of lovelies I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daughters card? May be time to let that go and stop gaming!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.